1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I think my last post wasn't clear enough.

I said instead of buying new tyres , your friend should purchase good condition second hand used tires, which have atleast 50% of tread remaining in them.

Buying new tyres doesn't make any sense here. Because :
    1. Your friend drives the Civic pretty less.
    2. The car will be sold in 5 months time.

I hope i'm clear-er this time.
  2. gurjinder i had suggest not to go for second hand tyres as you dont know how the tyre has been used in the past.As for replacement,i agree that it makes no sense going for a brand new set if it is to be disposed in 5 months time:D
  3. gurjinder

Punjab
    Usually the second hand tyre guys give a "guarantee" that it will run without any issues; and if it does not , they replace it with another used tyre.

I recently got two 205 65 R15 Bridgestone E390's at Rs. 600 a piece. Fitting Rs 50 extra. They had around 30% tire tread left and it perfectly suited my needs. And it runs fine too.
  4. ananth

ananth

Bangalore
    For all the tyre-updaters on Linea, can you confirm :

1. You have changed all 5 tyres
    2. Does the fifth tyre fit snugly in the area given ?

-Ananth
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I will suggest you to go for Linea TJet tyre profile and alloys.

Tjet alloys looks amazing on Linea
  6. I have 205/50 R16 wheels on my VGT
  7. MrBig

MrBig

Bangalore
    Odometer Recalibration

One of the problems of Tyre up-sizing if wrong Odometer readings.

Is there someway this can be fixed.
  8. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    On Sunday I'm gonna take delivery of my 90hp beast. I need suggestions related to tires whether to stick on with stock Goodyear Gd3 195/65. Personally i didn't like the thread pattern on this ones. When i enquired about the Punto90hp standing in Showroom has Apollo Tyres with 196/65 with nice sleek thread pattern, i got wearied response saying Petrol Punto90hp comes with Apollo tyres and diesel with Goodyear, and also said most of them were preferring Goodyear.
    I have decided to go for Yokohama 205/55 S-drive tyres, when approached dealer in Kondapur, they gave me offer to exchange Goodyear ones for 3200 each, where as Yokohama costs each one costs 5800,so after exchanging set of 5 costs all together Rs13000 with free wheel balancing (wheel plating) and 5 tyres would be filled with Nitrogen and free servicing till 5000kms. Is that a good deal ? And how much mileage difference i could see with S-drive when compared to stock ones?
    Please let me know at earliest as i have to get it done tomorrow.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    TheDrifter, stock GoodYear GT3 tyres are noisy. But do keep in mind that Michelin and Yoko's are soft and last on an average for around 20-25k Kms only in contrast to GT3 that can live for 40-45k Kms easily if cared for (timely wheel alignment and inspection).

BTW, are you open to other brands as well? Have you checked out the Continental CPC2? They are silent as well as long lasting. Grip levels are good too. TFI member Sumit Bahl has been using them and giving positive feedback.
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    That is complete falsity and lies. Vj V1's Punto 90hp DIESEL has come with Aceleres. And nobody in his right mind prefers Goodyear GT3's over Aceleres. They are at best economy and rather poor tires.

This isn't the right size in my opinion. Rather go for the 195/65/15 tires. It'll give you a bit more ground clearance and enhance the ride quality. And you really don't need a 205 section tire.

Gurjinder.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.