1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Surprising. My friend has P3ST on his Punto and he has done quite a few runs in and around Bangalore, he is quite happy with them and has no complaints about sidewall cuts.

Have you bumped into pothole at high speeds ever ? What could be the reason behind the sidewall damage ?

I am planning to install P3ST on my car soon, appreciate your response.

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
  2. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    I bought a Michelin XM2 185/70 R14 and drive 600+ kms! very comfortable and no noise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  3. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    @ mnranjeeth: Yes I meant 32 psi.....:oops:, got confused.

Sidewall cuts are rare. I mean even punctures on my cars are rare nowadays with the advent of tubeless tyres. My primacy 3's are running fine and also had Primacy LC in my dad's car for four years and no issue's on them too.
  4. neelchak

neelchak Timido

Mumbai
    Hi All,
    Small introduction before I post my question., Indranil Chakravorty here. Currently residing in Mumbai. Started my relation with pistons since 1998, when I had a Hero Honda CD 100, then Pulsar 150 from 2003 to 2006. Swift VXI from 2007 to 2010. Currently own a Fiat Linea 1400 CC (2010 model). I have been referring teamfiat and teambhp since long. Although, have never contributed to either yet. The reason I am posting is to get some guidance, advise from you knowledgeable folks.
    So here goes my query. I am currently looking to replace my old stock GT3. Actually, this weekend I am going to Torrid, Andheri to get my left fron suspensions checked and repaired as they been making loud noise. Hopefully, once they are fixed, I would get my tyres replaced. Now, I have been going through all the posts in this thread and by the end of it, I realise I am as indecisive and probably even more confused than I ever was :). My primary requirements would be
    1. Confidence while cornering
    2. Good braking, grip (wet, dry, gravel)
    I do drive fast (hit 80-100 on eastern expressway in Mumbai, 120-140 on highways) albeit following all traffic regulations.

Following list shows where I stand with regard to some of the tyres I have considered so far (reasons based on my surfing through message boards)
    1. MRF ZLO (Rejected- Cornering does not inspire confidence)
    2. Apollo Acelere (Rejected - Too many puncture complaints on a Team Bhp thread)
    3. GT3 (rejected - I really liked them for most part - however they do wobble after completing 25k and also one of the stock tyres of mine has a bump, read similar complaints by others)
    4. Vredestein sportrac 5 - Still considering
    5. Falken sincera - Still considering
    6. XM2- Still considering, but too many comments have created a kind of mental block in me against them in terms of durability and price
    7. MY02 - (Rejected- Cornering does not inspire confidence)
    8. Eagle F1 - Beautiful looking tyres, Rejected - burns out too fast
    9. Yoko Earth 1 - Still considering although I prefer 195/60/15 and its not available in that size as of now
    10. C Drives - rejected, pressure sensitive, soft wall, bad dry grip
    11. Yoko AVS DB- Still considering, however again, just as with Michellin, quite a few ppl tend to suggest that Yoko's have low life
    12. Pirelli P7 - Still considering - Hardly any review in terms of my requirements. I got on in this forum. Maybe they are too costly, not sure.
    13. CPC2 - rejected, combination of multiple reviews (dont remember the exact reasons though :) )

Huffff..If you have been patient and kind enough to read till here, would you please suggest me the right shoes as per my requirements (listed above)? It could be either from the list of tyres I mentioned or otherwise. Thanks a ton.
    1 person likes this.
  5. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Neelchak, appreciate the time taken by you for your detailed query.

By reading your primary requirements which are two, it looks like you want UHP tyres and these tyres are made with soft compound and hence will have a shorter life than your regular tyres. But considering the 1.4 Linea which doesn't have that much power to warrant these kind of tyres and also I don't think you intend to upsize. So, I would suggest performance tyres which are better than the regular average tyre. Out of your list I would take a look at 4,5,11,12 and 13 and then decide based on their pro's and pricing.So, is the OE tyre size for the Linea is 195/60 r15?

For me the tyres are the most important upgrade to a car for performance as they are in contact with the road all the time. I have fair amount of experience with using UHP tyres as I generally change the tyres of the cars I buy, at the earliest. Have I confused you even more? :D
  6. swapnilskumbhar

swapnilskumbhar

India
    Can any one please suggest what is tyre best option for R195/60 R15 Alloy wheels.

I need quite drive for a daily 50kms Highway running. Shall ease my pocket for the FE.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There is nothing which will be best for all. It all depends what you need.

If surface is good and looking for comfort, choose between Michelin P3ST and Yoko AVS DB.
    Even Michelin XM2 is excellent tyre.
  8. neelchak

neelchak Timido

Mumbai
    Thanks 5u3zEr0 ,
    Appreciate your advise, agree that tyres are probably the most important upgrade to a car. However, I am not really looking for UHP tyres. I want something like MY02 with more rigid side walls, so that body roll is not there while cornering. Maybe one of the following :- Vredestein sportrac 5, Falken sincera, Earth 1, AVS DB, Pirelli P7 or have I missed out on consdering a better suitor?
  9. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    So which was better ? primacy 3's or Primacy LC ?
  10. neelchak

neelchak Timido

Mumbai
    <I am re-posting this query from the "Which Tyre to Buy" thread. Delete it, in case I am breaking forum rules here. I am actually quite desperate for answers :) >

Hi All,
    Small introduction before I post my question., Indranil Chakravorty here. Currently residing in Mumbai. Started my relation with pistons since 1998, when I had a Hero Honda CD 100, then Pulsar 150 from 2003 to 2006. Swift VXI from 2007 to 2010. Currently own a Fiat Linea 1400 CC (2010 model). I have been referring teamfiat and teambhp since long. Although, have never contributed to either yet. The reason I am posting is to get some guidance, advise from you knowledgeable folks.
    So here goes my query. I am currently looking to replace my old stock GT3. Actually, this weekend I am going to Torrid, Andheri to get my left fron suspensions checked and repaired as they been making loud noise. Hopefully, once they are fixed, I would get my tyres replaced. Now, I have been going through all the posts in this thread and by the end of it, I realise I am as indecisive and probably even more confused than I ever was :smile:. My primary requirements would be
    1. Confidence while cornering
    2. Good braking, grip (wet, dry, gravel)
    I do drive fast (hit 80-100 on eastern expressway in Mumbai, 120-140 on highways) albeit following all traffic regulations.

Following list shows where I stand with regard to some of the tyres I have considered so far (reasons based on my surfing through message boards)
    1. MRF ZLO (Rejected- Cornering does not inspire confidence)
    2. Apollo Acelere (Rejected - Too many puncture complaints on a Team Bhp thread)
    3. GT3 (rejected - I really liked them for most part - however they do wobble after completing 25k and also one of the stock tyres of mine has a bump, read similar complaints by others)
    4. Vredestein sportrac 5 - Still considering
    5. Falken sincera - Still considering
    6. XM2- Still considering, but too many comments have created a kind of mental block in me against them in terms of durability and price
    7. MY02 - (Rejected- Cornering does not inspire confidence)
    8. Eagle F1 - Beautiful looking tyres, Rejected - burns out too fast
    9. Yoko Earth 1 - Still considering although I prefer 195/60/15 and its not available in that size as of now
    10. C Drives - rejected, pressure sensitive, soft wall, bad dry grip
    11. Yoko AVS DB- Still considering, however again, just as with Michellin, quite a few ppl tend to suggest that Yoko's have low life
    12. Pirelli P7 - Still considering - Hardly any review in terms of my requirements. I got on in this forum. Maybe they are too costly, not sure.
    13. CPC2 - rejected, combination of multiple reviews (dont remember the exact reasons though :smile: )

Huffff..If you have been patient and kind enough to read till here, would you please suggest me the right shoes as per my requirements (listed above)? It could be either from the list of tyres I mentioned or otherwise. Thanks a ton.

Btw, now Maxxis Z1 is also thrown into the mix.
    I am not really looking for UHP tyres. I want something like MY02 with more rigid side walls, so that body roll is not there while cornering. In fact as of now, MY02 comes closed to my wish list. Only if its cornering abilities were vouched for by someone. I am practically looking for something like GT3 with no complaints of bumps/ air bubbles and with better grips ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.