1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    hope you don't mean to remove the co passengers ;)!!

just kidding :p!!
  2. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    32 bar?? :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Did you mean 32 psi?
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Alloys are always good when it comes to performance,one more thing FIAT alloys are more weight than FIAT steel rims.One more thing with steel rim wheels get more heated than alloys, now this is my worry.
    As i'm used to alloys till now and was not thinking much when i was doing long journeys .i.e. continous running.Do i need to give a thought here ?
  4. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    On long runs too I didn't felt bad with steel rims. The problem is the summer. The heat it produces is very horrible. Even by 10 also able to feel the heat on the road.

Ganges: Whether the 15" make any difference like it touches the mud flaps or the wheel arch or any inner parts? When I checked with the SC, the service engineer told that it will rub the mud flap. I asked him to check and update me... So once after he update only am going to order for wheels (no stock in KHT and Vecto; I don't have contact in Aadya to check availability). They told it will take a week time to get the stock. What is the cross section of your tire (195/185)?

Shams: LOL... Kiddo always tries to play with gear lever but when I say no, he starts to play with radio. So no distractions from him.

Actually distraction happened because of mobile. The mobiles this time stuck with me in the door pocket as kiddo was sleeping. As calls coming continuously wifey asked to give mobile and the distraction occurred. Will soon getting a mobile holder so that next time no distractions will occur as wifey can pick the call from the holder itself. As well from next time onwards kiddo will be sitting in the baby seat for sure...

godhlur: As am not driving much in the city (office is nearby home so using bus nowadays) currently. As well not taking the car out till the spares arrive. So no alignments done.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    senthil, as long as u stay with the top end size of 195/60 in 15 inches, there wont be any problem. even with 195/65 there aren't any, from the experience of many of us. what kht guy told u is rubbish unless u asked for a different profile in 15 inches.
    have a look at this thread to understand what these different tyre sizes actually mean. Its talks about GC too but you may ignore that part: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/tyres-alloys/6712-how-change-tyre-size-affects-ground-clearance.html
    1 person likes this.
  6. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Shams, Just got call from SA. He is telling normally it is not touching any parts (they tested with a Linea tire) but while turning, it touches the flaps and all. I told him, as I am going to buy tires from outside, I will check the fitment and ordered 15" wheel itself. As in EP, the GC is more than the other models, I worried about the wear-n-tear of the tire and the noise it makes if tire rubs the other parts. These guys were telling not to use spacers as it reduces the life of suspension. That only caused the confusion.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No way,i'm using 195/65/R15 tires no scrapping issues with wheel fenders.Very soon i will upgrade to Innova profile :D 205/65/R15.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    The difference in GC among the different variants is only due to slight difference in tyre size. Hope that clears your doubt!
  9. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  10. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I got yoko A drive for ₹3800 purchased probably in Sep/Oct. 185/70/R14

Sent from my RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk