1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Around 32 bar Cold tyre air pressure.

I have been using UHP tyres for the past several tyres, so the Primacy 3st was a downgrade for me in terms of performance. Yokohama C drives are average comfort oriented tyres I think.
  2. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Shams. I already asked for a quote from a guy. Now I will be finding more quotes from other vendors...
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Better to buy a new rim.

Recently one of my alloy got damaged severely, not even repairable.Hence bought 4 new R15 steel rims from FASS.
    R15 costing 999 INR.
    R14 costing 600 INR.
    1 person likes this.
  4. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    R15 Linea Active steel rim + Appollo Acceleres would be better option. I have been using since past 31k kms..Not even single puncture till date.
  5. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Shashank and Ganges. Will be visiting the FASS tomorrow so final decision will be taken by tomorrow or day-after...
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    +1, The steel rim's integrity is damaged. I would even recommend to run on spare tyre rim. It's a matter of safety. Tyre can compromise whole car safety. There was post here IIRC was a Linea, where the whole car got toppled and totaled. Luckily family came out safe with not fatalities. Consider yourself lucky.

Make no compromises on Steel Rims or Alloy either.
  7. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    asimpleson, as I told that right front wheel rim is done with. No repairable option.

Initially had thought of reducing a bit of weight by changing to the alloys. But a bit of hesitation came that alloys are really good for show-off and costly.

So now thinking of changing all wheels to 15"... Will be visiting the FASS tomorrow for quotation...
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    By design alloys are supposed to provide superior stability at higher speeds. But an out of balance or damaged alloy or steel rim both present similar hazards and discomforts at high speeds. Steel rims irrespective of size upgrade will do the job. Either ways, good that you are going for a new set of those. Alloys can indeed set back due to money reasons. Good luck!
    1 person likes this.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Has the wheel balancing been done on the repaired wheel? If you are still running the rims on old balance weights, you need to get them corrected ASAP.

One imp observation: Never let any distractions in the cabin make you take the eyes off the road. It can be disastrous. Bettter pull to the side, get the distractions removed and continue driving.
  10. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    yes my primary reqmnt was noise and comfort , in that ps3 is better than c drive and i find the handling is also better. I am driving on 195-65-15 so i am getting better comfort and less scrapping of underside with old 2009 suspension.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.