1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Duraplus does not come in 205/55/R16, confirmed by the tyre inspector from Goodyear [I had raised a warranty claim, they surveyed and rejected - it was for alignment problems].
    I briefly thought of Kenda tyres, but am considering MRF and Acelere for now.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I have made a quick fix
    One. Tyre is changed to Goodyear for the time being at 6750/-
    Upgrading all 4 will be pushed for another 10000 kms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There are very mixed reviews of Kenda tyres. Some absolutely love them while others totally discourage them. I have seen them do duty on heavy cars like Jetta, Laura etc.

I find Goodyear GT3 to offer a mix of everything at reasonable price. Grip is good especially wet grip, road noise is manageable as I drive with windows rolled up and music set at 10-12 so no road noise unless driving on concrete roads. Life is also reasonable at 40,000-45,000km they offer. J Ravi sir could extract almost 55,000km (including a trip to Leh roads) out of them as he drives on highways.
    1 person likes this.
  4. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I opted for Falken's Sincera SN835... so far happy with them... zero road noise and amazing grip... wet grip is also amazing...

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk
  5. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    I've opted for Michelin XM2. Good grip and no noise at all. Quite good at curves.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I have had Michelin Primacy LC for now more than 15000 kms. The noise has increased after 13000 kms which is disappointing considering that Michelin is supposed to offer low noise. The noise comes while driving at certain speeds. From durability perspective, one of tyres has had 2 punctures and I have reason to believe that it maybe defective as this tyre always needs more weight while balancing. Anyways, I do not think that it is something for which I can claim warranty

Based on my experience so far I do not think that I will go for Michelin again - maybe the next 15000 kms experience will tell (if they last that long). I agree with PaddleShifter that GT offers most things at reasonable price. If the noise increases for Michelin like it has in my case I do not think it is worth spending the premium. Also, a very important point to note is that the size of the Michelin is on the lower side of the tolerance i.e. the Michelin appears to be smaller than an equivalent GoodYear NCT5. Some snaps in my thread
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/linea-1-4-t-jet/8183-my-mighty-magnificient-fantabulous-tjet-10.html
    1 person likes this.
  7. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Guys, what is the cost of Michelin Primacy LC costing in Chennai in 195/60- R15 Avatar ?
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Should be around 6K, per tyre.
    But keep in mind, Michelin plans to replace PLC with 3PST.
  9. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    They have already replaced Primacy LC with 3ST. After having driven approximately 10K kms on these tyres, only advantage I find with this tyres are that they are silent. I feel on Indian roads if you are driving extensively. Bridgestone/Apollo is better.
  10. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    The tyre shop guy (at Tyrex, NH Bypass, Cochin) was urging me to upgrade. 205/55/R16 => 215/55/R16. He offered Hankook at the same price as stock tyres.
    He was mentioning, this would further improve handling with no drop in mileage (though the error will be less than 2%). Is he right?
    Is 205/55/R16 => 215/55/R16 the right upgrade for Linea MJD emotion?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.