1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    XM2, best if you are looking for comfort.
    1 person likes this.
  2. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    I'm looking in all aspect. Like noise, safety, comfort.

My main priority is, I'm mainly going to take it for long drives, highways and hilly areas. So looking for better grip for dry and wet roads.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If you plan to drive mostly on tar roads, take Michelin XM2, it should fulfil all requirement like noise, comfort, safety etc.
    But if you plan to drive on bad roads, try some harder tyres, like BS MY02, or Apollo Accelere or Yoko Earth1. All are decent tyres.
    1 person likes this.
  4. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Not much on bad roads. Its only when on the way to any location during long drive. But not that I know. Usually on tar roads.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  5. sudipz

sudipz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Ello!! I'm expecting a tyre replacement coming up soon for my TJet 15", running on non alloys, and the current set has done near 35k, that's the stock Apollo! No complaints as such, however for the new set I'm looking at driving dynamics and safety as top priority. I would prefer those with low noise too, I do a fair amount of highway drives and they should sustain the concrete roads of mumbai! Suggestions welcome. Thanks.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Sudipz,

All major brands like Michelin, Yokohama, Falken and Bridgestone etc. have dealers in and around Mumbai as you may be well aware. A yokohama A-drive costs slight less than Rs. 5K a pop. They have softer rubber compound and better grip that is great on Mumbai roads, but a 'avs db' series will cut down sound even more it is believed, but would cost much more as well. Please see which ones suit you best in terms of warranty and cost.

As regards specific tyre brands and models/series there is plenty of discussion around the forum by members. Please search around in custom search bar and make a list to suggest those that interest you.
  7. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I was looking for bit hard tyre as I have to drive on heavily potholed roads heavily.
    Here is the cost of the tyres as I have obtained in Kazhakkuttom, Trivandrum.
    All for 205/55/R16 tyres.

Apollo Acelere 6400 (shop guy said, aceleres are being phased out)
    Apollo 4G 8700
    Vredestein 10150 (Similar to Michelins, the shop guy told as he did not have stock, but enquired at another sister concern)
    Michelin 3ST/LC 10150
    Goodyear NCT5 7500
    Bridgestone B290 8950
    Bridgestone G3 9950
    Bridgestone MY02 9550

I could not get the cost of Yokohamas and MRFs.

I'm low on vitamin M.
    Can I get tyres at about 5K~6K for hard tyres? I do need warranty though.
  8. sudipz

sudipz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hey have you checked for cost effective options at www.changemytyre.com ? I saw options starting at near 5k prices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  9. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Refer posts 741-745 - Michelin Primacy 3ST tyres are very good on the road noise front but have very weak side walls. I do not think its for people who drive a lot. I am surprised with the kind of report I got from Michelin rejecting my claim. What ever cut thru the tyre was very small and visually not seen, If such a small object can cut thru the side walls so easily, the side walls have definitely to be very soft. The road newly laid concrete road was just flat. Further I had to drive the car and stop is at the left side hence would have driven in Run Flat condition cannot be a reason for rejection. I am attaching the report JFI and your observations and comments.

Regards
    Kiran

Attached Files:

10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Check if Goodyear Duraplus are available in your 16" tyre size.

The cost for 195/60R15 was quoted to be Rs4350/- per tyre at local dealer. Great thing about them is that they come with a "1,00,000km warranty" even for cuts etc. Yes, the dealer told me that they will last 1 lac km (warranty) and even if tyre gets cut by any object, then the company will replace it under warranty.

I am running 195/60R15 Goodyear GT3 in my car and they last around 40,000-45,000Km with my driving style.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.