1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    Ganges,

Did you check Yoko Earth 1? The pattern is good and is currently the best seller in Yoko.
  2. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Any reviews on Michelin XM2 185/70 R14 ? Will be using 30% for city and 70% for long drive ?
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Have zero down on Yoko A drives or Goodyear duraplus for my Linea.

Guys please give your input for me to take a decision.
  4. I went for Goodyear Duraplus 195/60/15 for my punto at 5k each.
    Having driven around 2k kms i feel the ride and handling to be very good, also they are quite silent.
    I would recommend the tyre to anyone thinking of fitting it.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The Yokos win as far as the rubber (micro silica) compound goes. They are softer but offer better riding comfort. Recently upgraded a set to the Linea to try out, and they are great by far, with very low noise at speeds. The prior GT3 which also I still think have great grip and life are good while cornering at speeds, albeit noisy.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yoko AVS Db are top class, GT3 when new its good later(after 9k km) becomes noisy.

- - - Merged Post - - -

It is launched recently lets wait for a year to read its review.Hence thought to go with Yoko AVS Db experience again, because till now i have run with these tires for more than 50k km except for one incident that was purely due to the pothole which had depth more than expected.
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    One dealer told me that yokos A drive starts giving whistling sound after 15000 Kms or so.Is that true as I have heard this issue in MRF ZLo
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    You then have Yoko DNA DB series.
    I installed DNA db ES501 last week on my punto. Quite silent and soft it is. 185/70/14 costs around 4.4k.
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  9. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am using Yoko Earth1 on my palio since 5k kms. Overall the tyres are good enough in rough conditions. But recently i have noticed some little crack developed on Sidewall of front tyre. I am sure it is MFG Defect. Today i am going to dealer and will ask for replacement.
    Appollo Acceleres are much better , they have tough sidewalls.
    1 person likes this.
  10. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    How about Michelin XM2 ??

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.