1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    R14 is good too. Just wanted to make sure that you are aware of the options. Good luck with the delivery process. :)
    1 person likes this.
  2. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey Prateek, wise decission to stick to 14inch wheels, infact in today's market you will get range of 14 inch tires as there are many cars with 14 inch these days and they are selling in large numbers, just a small suggestion I have regarding the size of the tire, 185/70 R14 is a good size no doubt and in deed your car's overall height and ground clearence will go up but as you are already having the 2012 suspension I think you can consider 185/60 R14, the reason being you will not compromise on your Ride quality and handling, if you fill up more air the tire would become bouncy, Punto uses 195/60 R15 and the T-Jet Linea uses 205/55 R16 so the calculation would be the fatter you go with the tire the small should the wall size should be, you can stick to Madhus because they are techinically sound even through they charge a bit more, just clarify the two tire size 185/60 14 and 185/70 14 and then you can take a call.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks Anup. Will keep that in mind.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I have clocked 30,000 km on the stock Goodyear NCT5 for my Linea Emotion (205/55/R16).
    1 of the rear tyre has un-even wear and I tried contacting GY for warranty, they rejected.
    The examiner also told me that the treadwear is beyond the recommended rate (he reported 1 mm thread left against a min of 1.6mm) and in case of accidents, I would not get insurance coverage as well. This really scared me (Or should I be scared?) and I am on the look out for new tyres.

1) strong side walls (I drive along bad roads daily. Cover about 1 kms daily in 1st gear at max 3-4km/h speed (0.5km up and 0.5km down) to get out of my house).
    2) No compromise on dry and wet grip as we keralites enjoys 6 months rain.
    3) Should help me doing high speed cornering. I love to take corners at 80km/h usually, even some what sharp curves, without applying brakes.
    4) the ride should be comfortable, as close to the current Goodyears'
    5) Should last at least 40-45K kms
    6) Tyre noise is not a big concern.

Based on the reviews in this thread, I have short listed Bridgestone MY02. Is it a good choice?
    I usually fill 36psi at the front, 33 psi at the back, as recommended in the Front door. I do this after 30 min drive.
  5. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA

For your requirements I would say go with Vredestein Ultrac Cento, one of the best tyres for cornering for an enthusiast... Was in a friends Cruze and was blown away by the handling these tyres provide

You can also check out the Quatrac 3 all weather
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you for the suggestion.
    I checked Vredestein India site for 205/55 R16 and only Ultrac Cento is displayed.
    Its a summer tyre. Will it be good for all year long?
    Do you know the price?
  7. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    I believe it should be good all year long, note these tyres wont last long so if your looking for a tyre that can do 45k+ kms then stay away from these (I hope you saw the ratings)

Pricing no idea for 205's- 215/60/16 is 9300 bucks so 205's should be a tad cheaper I guess
  8. khoj

khoj Amatore

Dilli
    The alloy too has scrapes in line with the holes in the sidewall, it definitely cannot be form a small stone. There is all sorts of debris lying around on new roads and seems you were unfortunate enough to find some.

A friend staying in the same area has Michelin PLCs on his Punto and he drives all over rural MH. His tires are doing great with nearly 40 odd K on the odo in the last three years on the Michelins.

Do we have any other season here ? ;)

9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, it will rain 6 months a year in Kerala.
    At 9000/- for a tyre is premium.
    Also, I doubt if premium tyres have hard enough side walls for potholed roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    After having discussions with ENKI about 205/65/R15 profile tires luxury ,i will add this water-bed tires at the rear and the current set(195/65/R15) of BS MY 02 on front.
    Checked with the price for 205/65/R15 Yoko AVS DB550, the dealer quoted 6200 INR is the price correct ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.