1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    I had a talk with Madhus Enterprise and he suggested 185/70 R14 Michelin XM2. Quoted 5k per tyres and 2k per tyres for old one. So I need to pay 15k for the tyres upgrade only.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Try to check with some other dealer as well.
    You can leave spare tyre as it is, if budget is constraint.
    1 person likes this.
  3. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Any other suggestions. I have one suggestion from Krishna near IIMB. Yet to get the reference and quotation.

4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think Iyengar Tyre on Banerghatta road.

Check with any local tyre dealer as well.
    I heard (no personal experience), that Tyre Empire in HSR Layout (don't know exact location) is also good.
    1 person likes this.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Upgrading the tyres/wheels on the 1.2 Dynamic is not a bad idea subject to no budgetary constraints. You can look at alloys but ensure you get a 98 PCD and the corresponding offset values to have piece of mind. Alloys can set you back anywhere from 30,000 bucks to 50,000 bucks depending on the design and make for a set of 4. Do make it a point to Visit Hot Tracks for the designs.

For alignment and balancing do not look anywhere beyond Madhus Tyres on Langford road. My only grouse with them is they are not competitive on the tyre prices. With Tyres pricing, I find Sai Iyengar tyres providing better bargains.

You can look at 15 inchers which will go well with the Punto.

30,000 to 50,000 depending on the design and make for a set of 4

You can look at the stock size on the top end. i.e, 195/60 R15 spec tyres, there are options in this size, depending on what kind of tyre you are looking for. For a comfortable ride with little or no noise you have Yokohama AVS DB, Michelin Primacy 3ST. You can consider the Bridgestone MY02, MRF ZLO, Continental CPC2. These tyres costs you in the price range of 5200 to 6000 bucks.

On a personal note, I would suggest stick to the stock rims of 14 inchers and up size the tyres to 185/70 R14 tyres which will work out cost effective.
    1 person likes this.
  6. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Hi Krishna,
    Is Yokohama AVS DB and Michelin Primary 3ST the same you suggested on Sunday.

How about below tyres.
    Yokohama A drives
    Michelin XM2
    Bridgestone turanza

7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
  8. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks Ravi, Anup, Krishna and Rishi. Your replies helped me a lot to arrive to my final decision.
    Based on TFI feedback, online reviews and talking to tyre dealers near my area, I've decided to go for Michelin XM2.

Thanks Krishna. I think I will retain the stock rims as suggested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    pra.agar, I hope this does not confuse you but if you want the tyres of 15" size, you have another option.

You can buy 4 Linea 15" steel rims for Rs1000/- each and 4 Linea Active wheel covers for Rs350/- each. Total expenditure is Rs5400/-

Now you can buy 195/60R15 tyres of your choice. This will give better looks as well as comfort to the drive. Here is a photo taken from a post at TFI. Seen in the pic is a Punto Active with 15" Linea steel rims and wheel caps.

Linea active wheelcaps.jpg
    3 people like this.
  10. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    I think I will stick to 185/70 R14. But looking at this pic I'm impressed. Pretty neat. Looks almost exact to alloy. Wish I could do something similar with 185/70 R14.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.