1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks will check out.

- - - Merged Post - - -

To add to my post am planing to change my front tyres first as two of my tyres are in decent shape.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I think will finalise between on Yoko A drive and Bridgestone ER 60.

yoko A drive- RS 4850
    ER 60 - RS 5300

But When I checked the date of manufacture of yokos A drive at the dealer shop it was 15th week of 2013 (i.e, March 2013).Is it advisable to buy almost 10 months old tyres or wait for the new batch.I have heard the rubber getting hard when not used for extended period.On checking with another dealer he had June 2013 stock in Yokos a drive.According to dealer all ok and nothing happens.

Kindly advise guys.
  3. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    In Mumbai 195/60 R15 88T Bridgestone cost Rs. 5200/tyre

is it a fair price? also apart from 88T which is more suitable to Linea? :anyone

Please Help
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Which model of Bridgestone?

There is no fixed rules, depends on what you want from tyres.
    If comfort and silent are the criteria, choose one from Micheline Primacy 3ST, or Yoko DB.
    Else choose one from these for all-rounder behavior – Michelin XM2, Bridgestone MY02, Yoko C Drive, Apollo Accelere etc.

All are good tyres.
    2 people like this.
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Is it advisable to buy almost 10 months old tyres or wait for the new batch.I have heard the rubber getting hard when not used for extended period.Another dealer had 6months old stock.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Buy as newer tyre you can get, but I beleive 6-10 months will hold good, shouldn't be any issue. May be you can use this to get some discount :).
    1 person likes this.
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    You can safely use a tyre which is manufactured a year back, but do note not to use the tyre for more than 6 years i.e (1 year storage and 5 years usage). Most of the tyres take 4-5 months to reach the tyre dealers so 10 month old is no big deal. However, if you can get hold of the latest batch tyres nothing like it, but the 10 months old should not be a deal breaker.

I cross verified with my friend who is in the tyre business for the decade :)
    1 person likes this.
  8. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I have Zeroed down on either Yoko A drive or Bridgestone My 02. Quote Rs 4600 for yokos A drive, My 02 would be more around Rs 5000.

Anybody has view on My 02. Kindly advise.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Lots of guys have used and recommend MY02. Our very own Italia-Linea is using them and he is a big fan. Go for them :)

Cheers.
  10. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I have heard a lot of good things about the BS MY02. Unfortunately, when I wanted to get them for my Linea, they were not available and the dealer told me that they have stopped producing MY02s. This I am a bit skeptical about though.

A-drives also had some good reviews, but if you are comparing between these 2 tyres only, then MY02 scores more based on user reccomendations.

BTW, I have got 195/65 R15 AVS Db V550s and they were priced at ~ Rs.5300 /- per tyre at a dealer here in Hyderabad.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.