1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes for sure. But I got the same feeling from day one.

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Strange to see MY 02 is not on the charts, recently during my highway drive i found a wierd sound from rear left tire where i have MY 02 on rear.Stopped the car and checked the tire the nail already done its job .So instead of removing decided to go to near tire shop. When the man from shop removed the nail found that the nail didn't inserted along the tire it got bent very badly.Then checked with if any punctures no signs of it.Puncturewala asked Kaunsa tire hein sir. Impressed with the build of MY 02 though it has soft side wall.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ There you go Ganges, ardent supporter of MY02. I was waiting for your reply ;) Coming to the point, even I have heard good reviews about MY02 from my friends. When I plan changing my Punto's shoes; surely MY02 would be on the list. I thought MY02 comes with medium side walls and not soft. Ganges, can you clarify?

As of now running on GT3 which came with the car. Am amazed about its puncture resistance. @23k on the odo and not even single till date. Touchwood :D But surely, these aren't silent tires and bit harsh on ride quality.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I agree with you on this soumen. I changed two tires and kept two Yokos C Drives 25K done due to vitamin M constraints. Initially the new were running in rear and the older were on front. they were rotated as a part of 5K rotation which resulted in the 5K old tires in front and 30K in the rear. What my observation was that the yokos looked very neat till 25K and they suddenly fade away.. I drove JK tornados for 30K and the tread wear was linear for them but for yokos the tread wear was very high after 25K... they almost lost life in 5K.

Note: i am always a phreak when it comes to alignment, balacing and rotation. I never miss out on this.

On the other hand my Linea tires are due and i am planning for Falken/Michelin XM2. not decided on the final one.
    3 people like this.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    punto emotion,
    YEah the side wall are on softer side,when i had stock GT3 i had side wall cut.GT3 has hard side wall as comapred to MY-02.
    i have tested MY-02 on most of the bad patches and it did well without any punctures or side wall cut.
    GT3 once punctured throw it away, dont rely.This can give up at any point of time.
    1 person likes this.
  6. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Dear Shashank, Yes I have changed my stock GT3 with Vredestein Sportrac 5 with amazing results. I have posted the experience on the following link

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/linea-1-3-mjd/11598-itallion-stallion-new-vredestien-shoes.html

Let me know any thing else you want to know, By the way what is the price that you are getting it for?
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    My Punto 90HP is running on MY02 and I took to extreme terrains of Rajmachi then Expressway and other state highways and I am extremely happy with the performance and it was perfect tyre for my requirements and budget.
    2 people like this.
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I have decided my next tyres would be the Kenda. Been reading a lot of good reviews both user and online and appears to be very VFM. Underdogs may be good if not looked at with prejudice. I am sure it will be much better than the Yoko A which is again a VFM at a higher level but I was disappointed. It will be my third set and my Yoko As have done 40K and still good for another 5K out of a total kms of 86K. Even the much hyped brands have user complaints and hence I thought why not Kenda:)

Abdul
    1 person likes this.
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Kenda is on my radar also.Am seriously considering Kenda tyres as reviews are good online but have to satisfy myself on the performance in terms of braking, wet and dry etc.

Two Choices
    1. Yoko A Drive/C drive
    2. My02 Bridgestone

The dealer also suggested me Pirelli p6 tyres.Any review on these tyres guys.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  10. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You can consider Yokohma Earth1 too. Yesterday i have changed tyres to Yokohama Earth1
    Size - 185/65 R14 on my Palio stile. . I think you have to check whether 195's are available or not.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.