1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Can't comment on "Not Happy" or "Not upto Expectations", but wet grip of C Drive is in top class.

I know even Italia, says, because of tread pattern in C Drive, it should not perform well in water, but my personal experience has been totally opposite. I feel wet grip is better than dry grip.
  2. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    I agree with you. The wet grip on Yoko C drives is fantastic but dry grip is just OK and nothing great :)

Not up to expectations means, the tyres are pretty pressure sensitive. They don't hold on dry well, the suspension seems to not like these tyres (thud sound on smallest of the speed breakers). Cornering isn't very confidence inspiring as the sidewall flex is quite evident.

Considering the above statements, I conclude that they aren't performing "upto my expectations". :)

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
  3. amitp

amitp Amatore

Pune, Maharashtra
    For me C drives feel poor in wet conditions to an extent that I am mulling over replacing them before rains with barely 15k kms usage as of now. The trouble is I need to figure out some budget & the tires that will be the replacement.
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    My only gripe is, these tyres are quite pressure sensitive. Tried different bunks, finally got an air pressure gauge and I check the pressure myself. Dry grip isn't all that great but wet grip is something I love on these tyres.

I have done around 10k+ kms on these and soon planning to give these away and opt for Michelin P3 ST.

5. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Who else can better understand C drive on wet surfaces... the tire sucks "it is miserable". I had almost new C drives in front and just around 30k done C drives in rear and my car was floating like a kayak in waves on wet expressway...yeah but thanks to C drives, I now drive a linea

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    2 people like this.
  6. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Each tire has it's pros and cons but if a tire comes so close to taking your life then it surely is the worst wet grip tire

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  7. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ES100's have great life but unfortunately the last Tyre in the world which I would suggest to anyone.. Have used it for around 45k kms now and trust me, it's the worst thing you can get.
    Irritating road nose and zero shock absorption.
    Running on falkens now and it's a real delight!

2 people like this.
  8. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I understand your feelings when you write this. I have seen your C drive testing episode live:p

1 person likes this.
  9. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    Don't you feel you over used them?
  10. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    You should never put new tyres on front wheels, otherwise you will float as you said.
    It's particularly bad in slippery conditions and very dangerous during high speed braking.
    This is the biggest mistake people do. No wonder your car might have fishtailed a lot on wet surface without any feel on your steering as
    the old tires was on the rear :)

Check internet for further information.
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
    3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.