1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

The mileage drop can be attributed to the correction in speedo and odo readings due to higher profile tyres.
    1 person likes this.
  2. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Thanks DRIV3R !:up I forgot , that means there is no t much drop in mileage, as it actually travels 3.2% more, due to higher profile :).
    I drove with 5 adults always AC on, at times above 165 kmph, 240 KM got 17.5 km/l avg which I should have been 18-19 km/l.
    Now If I take odo correction of 3.2% it has actually given 18 km/l. Not bad at all.
    1 person likes this.
  3. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

I personally experienced 195/60/R15 P3ST on my friends Punto. Thoroughly enjoyed the ride and handling of the car. Its indeed a wonderful Tyre considering the balance between performance and comfort.

After trying his car, the Yokohama C drives lost respect. Its just like Continental CPC2 on DRIV3R's car. My next set of tyres are gonna be Michelin P3ST !!!

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
    4 people like this.
  4. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3

All tyre sold in India must have ISI mark, even imported. If it isn't having ISI marking then for sure it is not from legitimate source and no warranty, no assurance of performance. Falken is a gud tyre, only tyre which is seamless and has a Tread wear marking, available in India. Its gud to have these international options with warranty

Pronoy, So how are the tyres behaving, since its some time that you have them on...I plan to change tyre of my Jazz
  5. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Buddy I think u opted for vredestein for your linea... correct me if I am wrong. .
    Can you please post the review? I saw sportract and kinda liked the tire...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  6. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    I run MRF zlos 185/70/R14 tyres. Decent grip and ride quality but the noise increases with speed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Am confused which tyres to go for.My potenzas completed 38 k is giving lot of vibrations and wobbling at low speed.

I Spoke to the Owner of Changemytyre.com.He suggested Nankang XR-611 Tubeless or ZLo in budget tyre .These (nankang)come with 3 years unconditional warranty plus 2 years changemyttyre warranty.According to him Kenda also good as he didn't receive any bad review and also he fitted Kenda in Mercedes/ luara also.

But somehow am not comfortable with these korean tyres although the review is good online.I think I will choose from
    1. Yokohama AA01 A Drive Tubeless
    2. MRF ZLO Tubeless
    3.Apollo ACELERE (TL) Tubeless
    4.Falken SINCERA SN835 Tubeless (No idea but 5 years unconditional warranty is tempting)
  8. ^^^Dont go for ZLO. Not for the FIATs. I will not recommend that. Also RamJn TFI mod had a bad experience with ZLO. The sidewall is soft ; mine got cut, woo woo noise in speeds below 50KMPH, not comfortable in speed cornering; forget highspeed cornering.
  9. rahul4wd

rahul4wd Timido

I am using the same tyres for my punto. The noise increases post 60kms on the speedo. What about yours? But am happy with the grip and ride quality just as you have mentioned.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    BS MY02 or Yoko AVS DB Both are good.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.