1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    5900 could possibly be for 195/60 R15.
  2. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Sai Iyengar only.
    Madhus and millivision same rate.
    I also exchanged a set of 4 new Appollo accelere (from my Rapid) for 2800/- per pc.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  3. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Having driven for more than 3000 kms with one trip to Mumbai - Mangalore/Kollur and back using Primacy 3ST, I can definitely say its one of the best tyres I have used till date. As already mentioned the road noise is nearly nil and the grip is awesome. I have a feeling that the steering has become slightly heavier, Is it because of better grip? dont know :).
    My previous tyres C drives which I replaced @ approx 40K Kms was not good or I will put it as I did not like it. I had to replace it due to side wall punctures and actually still had some life. Acceleres on which I have done more 75K+45K kms were better than C Drives except for the noise. I was sure no Yokos for me :).
    Actually I wanted MY02 which as per the company they have stopped importing and was not available in Mumbai/Pune. And my experience of Michelin XM1+ on my Alto K10 was nothing great hence was a bit reluctant to buy Michelin. However a Family & Friend Discount Coupon due to which I got a good discount & confirmation from few of you all sealed the deal :). Now only thing I would like to see is how many kms this tyres will last.

Kiran
    1 person likes this.
  4. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Here are my tires,
    MichTire.jpg

MichTire2.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    5 people like this.
  5. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    Please suggest tyres for my Linea(195/60)?
    Bridgestone/ Michelin /Apollo and for what rate I shall get it?:anyone
  6. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    I am running on C drives 195/60 R15 and they aren't bad. But the sidewall seems to soft for my liking, due to which there's considerable body roll noticed as am running on high GC. That has spoiled handling a bit.

Apart, sometimes I feel the C drives do not complement the suspension of Punto. What was the issue you were facing with c drives ?

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
    2 people like this.
  7. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    imranshks,

Most probably what you said is correct, Even my ride with C drives was not comfortable. However was not able to analyze the exact issue.

Kiran
  8. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Kiran, I might sound like a fool, but still I feel, sometimes these tyres are good on comfort and sometimes these tyres seem hopeless. Too noisy, no comfort and overall quality of your ride is bad.

That said, another drawback is, Yokos are pretty pressure sensitive. Even 1 or 2 psi more or less changes the characteristics of tyre drastically.

I have driven around 11k kms with these and soon shall replace them with some other set :)

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  9. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    ^^ Spot on, Yes Yoko C Drives are very pressure sensitive. for my Linea on highway it has to be 32 exactly.
    I liked C Drives for the very good grip and handling (at right pressure). It is also comfortable. Overall I liked these C Drive very much and will definitely suggest.
    However Michelin CST are far better in terms of noise, absolutely no noise, and obviously it is comfortable and at 65 profile I am just gliding over potholes :).
    Grip I think at this point it's not good to comment, let me cover 400-500 km.
  10. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Just completed a highway drive with my new tires (Mich Prm 3ST), I must say it's a damn good tire from all parameters.
    I was especially interested in handling as on noise & comfort part I am already fully satisfied.
    In Handling it felt better than my older C Drives even with a higher Profile (65).
    Felt the steering little heavy, and may be mileage has dropped little bit ( may be 1 km/lit).
    I feel my money is well spent.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.