1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangerous to drive them at eaither front or back. Car can topple when the tire bursts. Why you want to check your luck?
    1 person likes this.
  2. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    +1 to Sat, Replace the tires at the earliest and you can't go wrong with any of the big brands. If you need tires with a stronger sidewall you can always try Yokos. Please don't risk a tire burst, its just not worth it.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @sine04 - Don't even think about using those tyres even as the spare. As advised by Sat and others, head straight to the tyre shop and replace it immediately.
  4. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi All,

Replacing tyres of my Punto with either XM2 or Primacy 3ST (195x60x15). Which one is better on Highways & Village Roads.

Thanks,

Kiran
  5. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Guys, After lot of deliberation and checking on Finally I have gone for VREDESTEIN SPORTRACT 5 195/65 R15. I was informed that I was the first one to go for these tyres in Delhi NCR and got a very special price deal for this occasion. People from apollo office were also there. Will upload the images shortly. As for now Surely lot of difference in drive and steering ( But my GT3 were actually in very bad shape, so anything could have been better then that)...so detailed review will come in some time...
    2 people like this.
  6. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hey guys,

Today while returning to home from a weekend trip in my month old 90hp i didn't notice a pathole in vijaynagar road as a result my front right tyre got a medium sidewall puncture an went flat immediately. I lost the balance due to that and my car touched the divider, my bumper got a minor dent. I replaced the tyre with the spare one and reached home

I heard that repairing side wall puncture is not recommended, so what should i do now, is it safe to patch the tyre as its a new one or should i go for a replacement.

I have insured my car with zero depinsurance of tata aig, will it cover this replacement.

I am running low on budget as i bought my car just a few days ago, its really hard for me to spare another 5k to replace the tyres. please suggest me what should i do.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Shanks,

I would suggest to get the tyre repaired and kept as spare. Ideally the tyre should be replaced since the sidewall punctures are not reliable and chances of going flat are high. Since you are less on Vit M, suggest to hold on the to the repaired tyre for sometime till you can afford a new one.

Unfortunately zero dep does not cover tyre damages.
  8. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I'm not sure, but can a warranty claim be made?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  9. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks, but they have mentioned on the spare Tyre provided that we have to use it for temporary use only and not as an replacement and should not exceed 80KM. so i have to use the repaired one only for a while. is it OK to use the repaired one for another month or 2.
  10. I was surprised to see the 14" 165/80 JK tornodo as a spare tire even in 90 hp :evil:. Earlier IIRC it was a full 15" 195 60 15 on a steel rim. Why on earth they went for this JK tyre :shocked
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.