1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pran

Pran Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for the good news PaddleShifter !! I always had the doubt whether it might hit or touch any part of the body or wheel well. After a few trips through the Bellary belt I got fed up of hitting the engine guard and I badly need to raise my car.
  2. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

My friend is running his Punto EP on 195/65 R15 without any issues.
  3. Rizzou

I am on 195/60/R15, maximum upsize on 15" will be 205/55/R15, But if you plan to get 205/60/R15 i would not suggest as the tyre will be too heavy and will touch in the wheel arched on the rear with 3 person on board on the rear seat, and also handling will be compromised with such huge tyres, If planning for 16" 205/55or50/R16 will do the job. My personal preference will be all time 205/55/R15 with some good Rubber.
  4. We've a Fiat GP 1.3 E+ at home which has completed 36.xx k+ kms. Of late, the two OE Goodyear tyres were found to be defective. :hit

Dad is planning to replace only 'TWO' tyres as there is enough rubber to crunch at least 8k+ kms with the current set of tyres. Further he added that we'll be replacing the other TWO/ FOUR tyres in-one-go at a later stage.

Dad wanted me to get the inputs of the tyres gurus over here. :D

My dad's preference :

• JK ZEPHYR 195/60 R15
    • MRF ZV2K 195/60 R15
    • Apollo Accelere 195/60 R15

And here comes our queries :

1. Which tyre should we go for?
    2. Any other recommendations than the ones listed above?
    3. Since we're replacing only two tyres now, should we fit the new tyres in the front or rear?
  5. klub class

go for the cheaper tyres as you would be changing the tyres again later. put the new tyres in the front..and shift the older tyres to the rear. also when you want to change the tyres later any how why not change all the 4 tyres now it self...
    conti cpc2 is the tyre i would suggest. that is a soft compound rubber.
    when buying a tyre check for the week of manufacture..
    anything older than 6 months is not advised..
    5200 is the price of of a single tyre
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

@Klub class

I would suggest you go for two used tires to replace the two defective ones. New tires don't make much sense since 8k km's later u'll b replacing all four.

And its always a good practice of going for all four new tyres in one go, rather than two at a time.

Make sure you fit the better two tires at the front.

7. gurjinder ji
    thats a good idea.
    klub class
    some people go to tyre shops after they buy a car and use them for 5-10k kms and then exchange for new wheels and tyres. this idea will be cost effective.but why wait another 8k kms??
    buy all 4 tyres and put 2 of em spare
  8. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    i want to give away my stock tyres. 195/60 r15. they have run 12600 kms. any takers?
  9. Pran

Pran Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Some updates about tyres which I gathered during my recent tyre-hunt. A little confused on Turanza or CPC2. Help guys...

@Club : From the reviews it seems Apollo accelere will be a better choice, but like gurjinder mentioned go for the used ones, you will get them cheap. It could happen that after buying a set of 2 new tyres you will find it difficult to replace them after 8k kms.

Mods please note
    : My post time is "May 29, 2011 05:02 AM " instead of 10.35AM, bug?
    Last edited: May 29, 2011
  10. sharadverma

I am running Micheline 185/70/R14 in my swift for las 38K Kms and still they can last for 40K kms
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.