1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yokohama A drive. Very good tires in terms of tire life and make very less noise.
  2. drkars

drkars

bangalore
    well, i voiced my opinion about what i found and my post was not frivolous indeed.i am sure there are a few who concur with me
    1 person likes this.
  3. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This depends on usage and regular maintenance. They generally last 40K+ kms if used properly. Only flip side is the noise post 30K kms. For me GT3 is still serving me - 45K+ is what I have done on my Linea. There is some juice left in it; but I am not going in for them again. I would be upsizing mine to 205/55 R15 profile and still not decided on what to go in for.
  4. jaggu916

jaggu916 Novizio

Coimbatore
    whats the tyre life

- - - Merged Post - - -

may i know why you went back to acceleres even after 31K kms life?
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    There are instances where this tyre lasted more than 40k too. That is why I said dont benchmark with my figures.
  6. jaggu916

jaggu916 Novizio

Coimbatore
    i got that, but i understand that you are running on second set of accelers, right? if second set of accelers, i was asking why you have bought second set after getting 31k life in first set... :)
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Like Ramesh has already stated, there is no fix life of any tyre. Keep driving solely on the highway at a cool 80kmph and these Aceleres will do double of 31K. Keep driving only in city and you might not even cross 31k. Adding to that is driver, road conditions and 100 other variables. So, we can't put a figure on a tire.

Ofcourse tyres built only for the purpose of durability will last more. But they will pretty much end the fun of driving a FIAT. FIAT is currently shipping its cars with Duraplus and I hope every new owner puts in some better quality tires.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  8. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    Tyre upgrade - is 205/60 Best bet for 90hp?

I'm back once again with my quest for next tyre upgrade(you can go through my previous thread here), after the first set of Yokohama 205/55 R15 tyres,which lasted about 42k kms in 2yrs span of time, my hunt has begin for next upgrade. I have following in my mind, keeping in view of style, comfort, Cornering capabilities, and breaking efficiency in wet/dry conditions Yokohama V550 DB - 205/60 - R15Yokohama C-Drives - 195/60 - R15Yokohama ES 100 - 205/60 - R15Bridgestone MY-02 - 205/60 - R15Bridgestone Potenza - 205/60 - R15. Coming to my Ride Details, Punto 90hp - Aug 2011 (older suspension setup) I would like to have some extra comfort by increasing GC as currently I was on 205/55 have faced tough times as roads i travel were pretty bad. So please let me know which will be the best bet among above options, Also i came across on Snapdeal for very good deal on Yokohama tyes, is it trust worthy to buy online? Also i was not worried about suspension warranty issues as I have already crossed 40k mark and though I have extended warranty its just till 35k kms to get covered, so that criteria is clear. Please let me know your thoughts.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  9. My friend had yokohama A drive on his linea for around 40000 kms and there was still tread on the tires. I have it on my car for past 5000 kms only. Another one had put yokohama C drive on his Swift and by 30000 kms he had to change it as almost all of the treads were gone.
  10. neil_jericho

neil_jericho Timido

Bangalore / Cochin
    Guys, this is more of a research based question and not really a purchase based question. I was browsing through the tyres section on snapdeal and it got me thinking. For someone who has 14 inch alloys on a punto and isnt really bothered about the +/- 3% guidance, what tyre sizes can he upsize to? Will 205/60 , 195/70 , 195/65 R14 fit without any issues? I know there are some drawbacks with upsizing too much but was just trying to understand what size fouls with the footwell and what doesnt.

And yes I know 185 70 is the best bet but was trying to look at it as a layman who wanted to upsize and didnt know the technical details.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.