1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaggu916

jaggu916 Novizio

Coimbatore

sorry to hear about the crack on tyres, but can you post some image for reference.
    my GT3's are 47K and still holding good, i carr out WA & WB religiously every 5K like everyone else...and many in this forum are probably happy with GT3s longevity, so may be some kind of image would help understand your problem better...
  2. drkars

drkars

bangalore
    dear friends,
    thanks for the info and suggestions, last friday, i met mr.karthikeyan (owner of karthikeyan tyres) opp nandhini hotel, at the beginning of JCroad(bangalore).i had narrowed down between XM2,ER60,and RHO(size being 185/70r14).i saw all the three.i found the acelere having a slightly stiffer side wall, and a different thread pattern,cost wise lesser. another assurance i was given by him was replacement for stone cut with ref to the acelere.i opted for the acelere and picked up 5 new "shoes" i had a brand new spare(the original jk vectra 165/70r 14)which i returned along with the other four used tyres.the entire deal was done for 16,000/-.this package was inclusive of new necks,tyre fitting, wheel balancing, wheel alignment.i have done about a 1000 kms in the last week and i am impressed. to check the tyre i went for a spin on the BMIC-NICE road,touched speeds of 150+kms, did some harsh breaking .tyres felt good, silent comfy ride,good grip levels.
  3. Accalare and silence donot belong to a same line,kindly donot post some thing that is not reality.people do take this forum seriously.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sat, now I am running with second set of Aceleres and I have to vouch that it is silent than the zlo's which I used briefly for 5k kms. Extremely happy with Aceleres now. :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. :)No offense intended.I have driven FIAT cars with GT3 and Accelare, I did find them noisy on rough roads, only place they tend be little less noisy was on freshly laid tarmac.
    when you drive Conti CPC or Michilin you will only hear the air noise or engine noise nothing from tire or even wheel wells.I detected a spring noise after i changed tires and went to Pride cars get it fixed immediately.
    Issue now is I am thinking of fortifying the firewall to reduce the noise from the engine.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    To be more clear, the stock Acelere was little noisier. I don't know if Apollo reworked on it. The Acelere which I have got now are silent than the previous and also the ZLOs.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Were the stock Aceleres in your Linea the older ones - the ones which had the APOLLO stamped in capital letters. The newer stock comes with apollo in lowercase and I suspect they must be reworked since your experience with them has been good, especially in the noise department.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Absolutely no idea. I may have to do some mining with the archives of my car pictures. Will do when time permits.
  9. jaggu916

jaggu916 Novizio

Coimbatore
    what was the life you got with apollo OE supply? just for benchmark's sake
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3

31000 kms.

Don't take mine as the benchmark. :D
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
Thread Status: