1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    :uh I meant 19th and 12th WEEK...

- - - Merged Post - - -

I bought it from Tyre Empire. He said he was giving them for 'no profit' :eek: and no other dealers were ready to give Yokos for less than 4,250!
    I think you too got them for 3.8K??
  2. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Hi All,

I am planning to get new shoes for my Punto. planning to go for 185/70/R14.

shortlisted MRF ZLO and Yoko A drives. Which one should i go for ?
  3. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    What tyres to buy??

I don't think zlo are available in that size. Try Bridgestone as well
  4. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

ZLO is available in 185/70/R14.
  5. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    I went in for the Yoko's AVS DB550...Super silent as compared to the GT3. Cost me INR 5500 per tyre. Got INR100/tyre for my old tyres..Got a free Jabra Bluetooth device as well:cool:
  6. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Oh I didnt know they have introduced that profile. when I inquired, it was starting with 195/60 nothing lower than this.
  7. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2

Yes, i too bought for Rs. 3.8K !!! But no on will do business without profit :)
  8. drkars

drkars

bangalore
    friends, my punto too needs a change of "shoes", i went thro the entire thread of posts, i was slowly realizing that i was getting more confused, so to all the tyre gurus, my question,
    i have the stock JKs 165/70 R 14 on my steed, done about 40k.at present,suffering from wobbly tyres.i am planning to upgrade to 185/70 R 14.
    i have come down to opting between ER 60, XM2 and AR20.and ACELERE my driving is basically in the city, i tend to 'push" a bit!
    the rates quoted by a friend of mine is
    ER60- 4375/-
    XM2 - 4670/-
    AR20- 4375/-
    ACELERE- approx 3.8k
    pls help!!!!!
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    185/70 R14 is correct size, take either XM2, or A Drive. Accelere is also good choice.
  10. praful

praful

Bangalore
    How long do the GT3's last usually?

I just drown from Mumbai to Pune and felt some vibrations in the steering so took it down for a round of WA & WB whilst I was Pune. Was surprised to see that a 25K Kms run tyre had cracks in it. I was like WTF!!! Tyres are just two months older than the car which is Nov2009 Punto.

Anyways, what's done is done. Looking out of tyre options between Michelin and Bridgestone. Have narrowed it down to PLC Vs XM2 Vs RE88 Vs MY02 Vs Eccopia Vs ER300.

I am partial towards Bridgestone because that's what is running on my Palio as well.

I would prefer to stick to the stock Punto size of 195/60-15. Considering the car is primarily used in Mumbai city and a once in 2 months Mumbai-Pune-Mumbai run, I would prefer to have something with strong sidewalls to withstand the horrible Mumbai road. After plonking the MY02's on my Palio, I am not too sure about their sidewall strength.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.