1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Ho Ashish, congrats for the new shoes for your car....let me know the name of the dealer. I am looking for 195/65 R 15 for my linea MJD 2010.

And after going through the complete thread, I must say situation is quite confusing. We all want a tyre which is 100% perfect and sadly there are none...

2. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yes Mate!!! Even i was also confused so much at the time of buying new one. Everyone has it own review and it seems all tires are good and bad at some point and so the CONFUSION :)

Well all i can say that its your own decision to go for it and feel urself as i drove my car for about 32K Kms with those stock one TORNADO and still 4-5k Kms tread still remaining without having any puncture in any of the three tires till date except the one with patch and that too with human error.

Anyways the dealer is Rajat Gupta (Tyre EMPORIUM) in Malviya Nagar and do tell him that u r from TeamFiat and if you want you can give my reference too.

Brands like Bridgestone, Yoko, CEAT, Michelin are available in his stores.

Once done do let us know your reviews and feedback on new shoes for your Linea. :car
  3. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Ok Guys as per my research ( trust me I had given value marking on various parameters {Speed Weight Rating, Noise, Sidewall, Design, Comfort, Handling etc.) and taken the reviews at various forums also in consideration} have short-listed the following : ( Plz note it is for 195/65 R15 tyres only - this is very very important as the choice is limited with the size, so comparison has to be within the available group and not just general - well this is my opinion))

Tyres I have short-listed for 195/65 R15 are :

Yoko A drive
    Yoko V550
    Michelin Primacy 3 ST
    Michelin Energy XM2 ( Though still have to find if the size is available)
    Bridgestone MY02
    Bridgestone Ecopia EP100 ( This was a surprise package - not many reviews)

Surprise packages :
    Apollo Accelere ( Again surprise package, as per the details this seem to be best considering the price as well)
    Hankook K424 (this came up as with the top marks - but lost on preference, not many good reviews available)
    Falken Sincera S835 ( Sumitomo wonder - this is worth considering)
    GT3 - Is it really bad? considering its dry & wet handling, cornering capabilities, high speed handling ( on 195/60 it is rated for 88 T, I have taken my Linea to 180 Km/h with these tyres on Yamuna expressway when the tyres had already done around 25K )

Frankly I left various others as they did not come par in scoring... ( B250, PLC, ZV2K, nexen, Kumho* etc...)

Ok now I am going tomorrow to some of the biggest shops around here to check the tyres physically...to have touch and feel basically... so anyone have any idea on what i must check do let me know...

ciao!!

Chander Gujral

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  4. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    Hi ! Can I use a 195-60-R15 instead of a 190-60-R15 in my Punto 90HP ? I want to go in for the YOKO C Drive.
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    I think you need to go check the size of the tyres that are currently on your car.
  6. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    I am sorry.. I need to word them right...I was told C drives are not available for the Punto 90HP as per the stock tyre size. Is this true?

- - - Merged Post - - -

There are so many suggestions on tyres that it has got me confused... Between the Yoko C Drives / Bridgestone MY02 / Michelin PLC ..which tyre to go in for my punto 90HP?
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    C Drive is very much available in stock size, 195/60 15.
    You can buy anyone from C Drive, MY02 or Michelin PLC/3ST.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  8. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    Hi !, Will there be issues if I fit 195/65R15 tyres instead of the standard 195/60R15 on my Punto 90HP ?
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    No, Quite a few members are using 195/65 R15 without any issues.
  10. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I got the new Yoko Adrive (185/70/14) fixed 2 days back. Replaced all 5 tyres, got the new ones for Rs 3800 each.
    3 of them are manufactured in 19th month of 2013 and other two are 12th and 2nd month of 2013 (assume different mfg date shouldnt be an issue)
    Plus he gave 2k for my old spare tyre which was unused(JK stock tyre):p. So total = 17K + balancing (650)
    Got the wheel balancing done and skipped alignment. Have driven at 100, no steering vibration or other issues so far.
    I can see the difference in terms for better road grip compared to stock tyres, happy with the decision to go with Yoko A drives, thanks for all your suggestions.
    -Ashish
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.