1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yeah, alignment does seems to be in fine..
  2. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is it ok to just get the new tyres fixed and then drive to another place to get the balancing done? As per your suggestion, I think I may not need alignment coz I just finished the 3rd service last month and alignment was done during the service.
    Also, which one is likely to cause issues like steering wobbling if not done properly - alignment or balancing?
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  3. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    it is advisable and preferable to get the balancing first to avoid any wear and tear, even new tyres need to be balanced with the rim used and same is done for new car also.

Alignment results in car to be pulled at one side (left or right)
    Balancing resultsin steering wobbling or car as a whole..
    1 person likes this.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yes for sure. No issues in doing so. Just get it done soon before you hit the highway.
    1 person likes this.
  5. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Folks,

Here new shoes for my Punto :dancing YOKOSsssssss (A DRIVE) ... thanks people for making good decision and i hope it does stand on it commitment.

Drove my car for about 80-90Kms (Delhi-Noida-Delhi via DND flyway plus some gali's) and my observation are...

- Only engine noise i can hear (previously i can hear the Tyre(Jk tornado) rolling sound and i was use to get into the rhythm :evilsmile and i was that OK, it is like this only )
    - Done sharp turns:steering and overtaking :redcar just to get use to this wide Tyre and the braking capacity and i was like :wow :up. ( I request everyone , do not try this on road and if you want make sure u do this on empty stretch )
    - Yokosss eaten the stone on its way and yes not the big one as i haven't tried nor i want to :devilface
    - Plus the style it gives on parking your car with tyre outside::OO (right or leftmost steering)

IMAG0768.jpg

P.S. For delhi region TFI'ans - I have asked the Tyre stores for giving good deals on tyre for our member and he agree on it and told me that whoever making calls to him or visiting him must tell first that you are from TeamFiat forum and want good rate and he will provide you with the best you won't find in nearby area.
  6. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Adding further..

New Yokoss tyre EARTH1 in stores now... but size 185/70/R14 is not available till further communication.

IMAG0769.jpg
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Do post a pic of such style mate, perhaps in your ownership thread.

I like Sham (theblack) tyre, it has sexy threads on it. Not sure how it performs on road.
  8. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @Zenwalker

Sure buddy, will post the same later or sooner.
  9. I upgraded tyres to Yokohama A Drive 195/65 R15. Costed 4900 Rs. per tyre in Bangalore (Sai Tyres, Sarjapur Road, Near Wipro corporate office). Have driven around 3000 kms with it. The ground clearance has increased, has never scrapped speed brakers since then. Tyre noise is very less compared to stock good years or Apollo Accleres. Ride has become a lot smoother, guess due to the increased profile.
    1 person likes this.
  10. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Yokohoma has launched this new tyre - "Earth 1"

I saw a huge poster on the road this morning and just looked up their website.

Earth1

Currently the below Sizes are available per the website.

205/65 R15
    185/65 R14
    175/65 R14
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.