1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Both instances are not the fault of GT3's.
  2. karthiknan

karthiknan Novizio

Hyderabad
    Hi Suman, i did some research for these tyres and are one of my shortlisted tyres for upgrade from gy gt3. if u r staying near kondapur area, then you can buy these either from 360* or hi-tech wheels near adhishwar electronics. The quote i got from hi-tech is around rs6100 per tyre. so would be appx 5800 for 195/60 r15 no idea about the price at 360*. need to visit the shop or call him though this guy doesn't prefer michelins and would suggest conti cpc2 for punto. he was insisting me to buy the cpc2.

there's no difference in the sidewalls between this tyre and my02 (just through touch and feel) but is better compared to xm2 and lc. apart from that the experts can through some light on the 3st's...:)
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  3. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks, Karthiknan. I saw 195/65 R15 in person at dealer near my home. He quoted 6240 per tyre. So I will visit them again for 60 profile. As you mentioned I will check this in Hightech wheels too.

BTW do they have 60 profile available?
  4. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Good News.

Just returned from Zenex, Madhapur.

195/60 R15 P 3ST are in transit, will reach by 3-4 days in Hyderabad. I assume Bangalore dealers already received. 195/65 also present with dealers.

Price:- As per Michelin provided price list.

Michelin XM2 195/60 R15 :- Rs 5850.00

Michelin P 3ST 195/60 R15 :- Rs 6250.00

Michelin P 3ST 195/65 R15:- Rs 6375.00

May be we can bargain till 200 Rs per tyre ( I am not good in this area :( ).

Feel:-

Cheked 2 tyre, P3ST 195/65 R15 & PLC 205/60 R16.

P 3ST Sidewall is harder than PLC by hand tapping ( what I felt), Real scenario will be drive test.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  5. karthiknan

karthiknan Novizio

Hyderabad
    well u saved me a lot of time as i wanted to go there to know the prices as they were not answering the no mentioned in the michelin's website. these prices are higher to the ones mentioned by hi-tech wheels. they quoted 6300 for 195/65 r15 but offered to give at 6100. will try to bargain more for price reduction. if u r living in that area, try bhuvan's or carz on road no 45. i went to carz last month and they didn't have no info on the 3st's. may go there as the fiat guys are not responding regarding the repairs on my car
    :punch :punch
    . will update the prices in the evening if i go there.

by the way i did not enquire about the 195/60 but i think they have received the stock. i went to see the tyre on thursday in the evening, they mentioned that they have received the tyres of different patterns at around 4 pm in the evening. if u go there, try to ask for mr Amer. he will reduce some price on it. usually an old man sits there (prob his father)
  6. karthiknan

karthiknan Novizio

Hyderabad
    visited carz in the evening. they have both the sizes 196/65 and 195/60. the former one costs around 6300 and later one around 6k. also visited a tyre shoppe near mehdipatnam, he gave the quote around 6100 for the 195/65 and app 6k for 196/60. :)
  7. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    At last found the correct thread. "Replacement for GT3?". Read all through the 17 pages from the starting. very detailed discussion about the different tyres, its advantages (mostly) from real users, enlightening for those who wants to change their tyres irrespective of brand. Some of the quotes that i could extract from the discussions:

J Ravi:
    "Road Noise is proportional to grip offered" == I will call this as "Ravi's first law of tires" (Sir, No offence its just for fun)
    "Known devil is better than unknown angel" == This is almost my "foremost mantra" for life (gentlemen think alike :-D)

Gurjinder:
    "Going too much into the matter of tires, in economical mid level cars that don't run on race tracks, is like splitting hairs. Any good quality tire will do the job equally well"
    "The number of punctures you will suffer is already written on your palm/forehead"
    Jumu:
    ""Mother knows best of (for) its child"

Jokes apart. Coming to the serious issue here. I have made inquiries about the availability of various brands in cuttack/bhubaneshwar. The details are as follows: (figures given in bracket are changemytire.com price)

[TABLE="class: grid, width: 500, align: center"]

TYRE PROFILE
    MICHELIN
    YOKOHOMA
    GOODYEAR
    BRIDGESTONE

195-60-R15
    PLC-5975 (5750)
    XM2-6000
    C-DRIVE-5650 (5470)
    AVSDB- (5621)
    GT3-4550
    MY02-5400 (5248)
    RE88-5300 (5250)
    ECOPIA-5700

195-65-R15
    PLC-6275
    P3ST-6400
    AVSDB- (5801)
    EAGLE NCT5-5200
    ECOPIA-6100
    [/TABLE]

All the shops say that fitment/balancing/alignment charges extra. I already have C-drive in the spare wheel which i have not yet used and its been almost 2 yrs now. So going by "Ravi's first law of tires" and also due to the vitamin M factor i should go for GT-3. But my heart says that i should go for C-drive (this was the factor that made me buy C-drive when i had a side wall cut on the way back to home after delivery) as i have read very good reviews about the tire and also it is a balanced tire both for comfort and performance (as per yoko website). Also, my mind is occupied with the views given by both teky and sat about the PLC. Another factor (its the last one) is that i am looking for tire upgrade to 65-R15 as it gives some increase in GC.

How is the experience of buying tires online. Anybody here? will the fitment shop charge extra for the fixing leave alone balancing/alignment?

Again coming back to the fun part:

Capturetiregraph.PNG

So based on the analysis above i should go for Bridgestone RE88 for 195-60-R15 and i can choose between goodyear Eagle NCT5 or YOKO AVS DB for 195-65-R15

PS: I am enjoying my weekend :evilsmilecoupled with the search for a new set of tires for my ride. All the prices are real quote and the graph is made up entirely by me.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    5 people like this.
  8. karthiknan

karthiknan Novizio

Hyderabad
    i visited 360* tyre shop in gachibowli hyderabad yesterday in the evening and enquired about the 3st's. the price he mentioned was the same as mentioned in my previous posts i.e around 6k per tyre, but he said that they also suffering from same sidewall issue as with the plc. he showed me sidewall crack in one of the tyres which he had fitted in octavia few days ago. as per him the crack was due to a small stone.

so what do you guys say about this one, i had almost finalized on this one but now again in a tizzy. need ur opinions
  9. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    :(. No its not for monday morning. Its because in the FASS that i visited yesterday said that i have enough tread in my tire so no need to change it immediately. Wait...........i should be :dancingas i won't be loosing a considerable amount of vitamin M. But will keep close watch on the tire segment as i have a hunch that my tires wont last more than 5000 kms.

Pls watch the service center discussion thread for my experience.
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  10. Guys, I am planning to go for Apollo Acelere 185/70 R14 on my Punto. Reliance autozone in HSR layout, Bangalore has quoted 4000 per tyre with exchange of my old tyres and giving free fitment, balancing. Is this a good deal or should I still go to J.C. Road (i have the traffic there)?? Thanks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.