1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rizzou

Rizzou

Hyderabad
    Re: Replacement for Stock Tyre in Linea

Hey Guys... wanted to comment on karan desai previous post.... I had a similar issue initially with GY GT3 horrible tyres.. good grip.. makes lot of noise and specially gives wobbeling issues after 30000Kms, logged a complain with Good Year through A.S.S. and out come was tyres are fine issue seems to be with alloys, went back to Ashoka Wheels my tyre guy he swapped Yoko ES100 195/60/r15 awesome experience noise gone, wobbeling gone the culprits are the GY GT3...

See guyz the best Upsize i would suggest would be 205/55/r15, and on 16" 250/50/r16.. But 205/60/r15 gets to heavy for the car its like one is wearing shoes filled wth water imagine how heavy it feels... :-?

And comming to tyres have spent days together roaming in and around hyderabad enquiring on 98PCD alloys and tyres to go with... my advise Yoko's are excellent but the S-Drives specially the best looking tyres but after approx 10000kms things get worst makes noise as if the bearings of your car have gone bad... so i would advice to go for Michelin Pilot Preceda Sport 2 or BF Goodrich and last preference will be Yokohoma C Drive asymetric... we have Bridgestones also but as have very old thread pattern little away from them also can go for Yoko's Advan but too expensive and less life.... Post Pictures on Tyre upgrades will be helpful too... best of luck. :steering
  2. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: Replacement of stock TYRES for the PUNTO

I am getting my Punto 90HP in around 2 weeks..planning to get either the Continental CPC2 or the Yoko Cdrive. Are the C-drive 2 tyres available in India yet?

Also how much should I get for the OEM tyres right out the showroom?

PS:Delivery will be in Mumbai, Condcord motors at Prabhadevi, any reliable tyre shops nearby?
  3. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Anyone tried 195 65/R15 ? My colleague raised the car GC by introducing some metal rings in the suspension setup, not sure how safe it is, but hes happy his Linea no longer scraps its underbelly
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Pran- Yes, TFIan Bones has 195/65 R15 in hos Punto MJD Active. I have driven his car and I think its a very way of increasing GC. Ride was as good as it can get with 195/65R15.
  5. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Guys! help! :confused::confused:
  6. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    The 1st effect of higher profile is reduced handling capability. Remember while turning, tyres are subjected to shear force. The body is trying to go outward while the ground is trying to prevent that. Due to this, the middle of the tyre moves outward. The higher the profile, more will be such deformation - this will have visible effect of body roll, instability etc.
  7. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i recently checked the bridgestone tyres.. The guy said POtenza G3 is stopped production.. Dont know how far its true... He showed my a new one which is MX11 sumthing in replacement of the Potenza...
  8. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    205/60/R15 is okie to upsize too.. Probably i would be doing the same in the forthcoming months...
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    195 is more than enough but up sizing it to 65 will increase the much needed GC. i will upgrade to 65 when i change my tyres.
  10. vinz

vinz

IXE
    Michelin and Perelli and not meant for indian road condition they will wear out faster than u can think. Go for Bridgestone. U will never get a good price even for 100km old tyres. so u can either keep it as stand bye or dispose it of if u dont hav a place 2 keep dem.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.