1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I need to upgrade tyre size from 205/55 R16 Good Year to 205/60 R16 Bridgestone / Michelin of my linea Emotion Diesel.
    Should i go for it ? will it be ok or may create issues with stability, suspension, average calculation, low pickup etc.

pl let me know
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The difference between the two sizes is almost 3.25%. Why do you want to do this?

Rajan
  3. Because rear side looks bit odd due to big empty space above tyre, also the same sizes tyres @ SX4 and any other vehicle looks great.
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Anything between 3-4% is acceptable.
    In my previous car i had a difference of about 3.7% and i didnt face any issues.
    I assume his Linea is with the GC upgrade so the upgrade 205/60/16 will not hurt in any way.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  5. Thanks a lot dear friends…
    We don't know each other but we all are always ready to help each others because of one common thing among us, guess what?
    FIAT & FIAT FORUM
    Once again thanks…
  6. karthiknan

karthiknan Novizio

Hyderabad
    guys need help in selecting: bs my-02 vs michelin primacy 3st vs conti cpc2??
    which one to buy, pls help..

also tyre size 195/60 or 195/65 r15. any advantages in upgrading to 195/65 r15 for the punto sport??
    i do like going to long drives. would get my car back from repair in a few days after a long gap so would like to decide the tyres before taking the delivery and changing them immediately.

people from hyderabad, pls suggest a good shop in the madhapur, gachibowli, jubiliee hills area whr i can get a good price along with alignment and balancing as the fiat service is nearby to these areas only
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

If you value handling CPC2. Else Michelin.
  8. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    Stick to stock size is what I would say, 195/60 is a perfect size for our Punto's

My suggestion for tyres are as follows

Commuter
    My02 regular or sport
    PLC or 3ST (3ST is a replacement for PLC)
    Yoko AVS DB

Performance
    Eagle F1 GSD3
    MA-Z1 (if you can source it)
    ES100

No offense but I would stay away from Conti's
  9. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Do you have any info on 195/60 P3ST, if so, please let me know where can I get this.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I can find out here in Bangalore, if you like.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.