1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Is it a cut or puncture on the sidewall?

If it's a cut, the tyre shouldn't even be able to hold pressure. If it's a cut, throw it away - it's going to give problems left , right and centre. I myself had to throw away two brand new NCT5's due to sidewall cuts , all within a span of 15 days. It happens.
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3

Will drop in by oct. Got into a real mess(as usual). saala eh keda tyre aa ??
  3. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Apollo-Alnac-4G.jpg
    come soon,then we catch up. Alnac is new product of Appolo.195/60/15.Silica based compound it comprises of.
  4. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Gurjinder bhai and all
    Economical suggestion de do :) well i will be changing tyre but just for one tyre i need to change all road%20rage.gif ..thats what giving me pain in my pocket ..

Any way, what if i change the patchy one with New spare tyre(stock one) for normal running and keep patchy just in case...

After 4-5kms run ...i will be changing all 4 tyres then..

Plz suggest..

P.S. None of the rest of the tyres has any puntured/issue yet...and by seeing i am sure that my tyre are still left for 7-8k kms or more... but this patchy gave me headache now.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  5. karthiknan

karthiknan Novizio

Hyderabad
    pls suggest between conti premier 2 abs BS my02...which one to choose?
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    If you have never used the spare and it is brand new (as in tread wear), go ahead and swap with that. Keep in mind that there will be a minor unevenness. Put that unused tyre in the rear and you will be fine for the next 4-5 K kms. When you go in for tyre change, put that tyre back in spare and fit all new tyres on your car. In the meantime, keep in mind that you will have to drive around without a spare. So, avoid highway drives.

Alternately, check with tyre shops if you can buy a used tyre of the same size, with tread wear almost equal to your existing tyres. If you choose this route, check the tyre thoroughly, before buying it.

Rajan
  7. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hey Patchy!!!

thats the answer i was looking for :dance... well i too feel that not the correct one to use patchy tyre but what i want is the experienced answer to get it done for temporary basis for few thousand kms more..

i too was planning the way you mentioned over here but i was lacking experienced in that as i haven't done it before and its not at all possible to ask tyre shop as they have their usual answer " its too dangerous and you should buy all 4 tyre now" .

Just one thing,, what about the driving experienced with this new spare tyre as its brand new spare and haven't used till date. Will my driving will be affected due to this as the new one will be having more tread on it..compare to other 3 tyres... any vibration or unbalanced type rolling on road :p
  8. praful

praful

Bangalore
    After much deliberation and waiting and postponing finally plonked the 185/60-14 MY-02's on my Palio

suhabamy-1.jpg

Have hardly done about 100kms to comment, real picture should come out post a highway drive.

Soft sidewalls are worrying me though! :-/
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    You'll be fine with those tyres. Don't worry.

P.S. Love those Palio alloys. Timeless.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Check with sector 32 dealer,he did not have DB decibel.
    Planning to get Turanza ER 60 or MY02.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.