1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Phew Paaji, do tell us also from where to avail this great offer :)

Akshay, did you check with that Sector 32 Yoko dealer? Batra tyres i think. He should have 550db
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    A new outlet has recently opened up in Kharar mohali, by the name "Guru Nanak Auto" they are appointed exclusive dealers of yokohama and all sizes would be available and if not then they would easily arrange them for you guys
    2 people like this.
  3. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I was going through the tyre and alloy section as i was thinking of changing the tyres of my 90 HP. I was hoping to find a solution for my tyre search but instead i got into a storm of tyre brands as each individual likes their tyre brand and size they fitted on their car. So thought may be i can decide by knowing the tyre brand majority of our TFIans use.

so guys please post in the following pattern:

[TABLE="class: grid, width: 800, align: left"]

stock tyre
    size
    changed tyre
    size

[/TABLE]
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Sathish, are you trying to follow the herd? That is so unlike a Fiatian.
    Each individual has his own preference for tyres in terms of comfort, noise, grip levels, durability, sportiness, cost, etc., and different tyres provide these in varying measures.
    It will be ideal if you can identify your preferences and then look at the experiences shared by others on this forum and choose your own brand.
    Just because a particular brand get chosen by majority doesn't mean that would suit you, but fyi -

stock - Bridgestone B250 175/70R14
    changed - MRF Zlo 185/70R14
    2 people like this.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    We already have loads of tyre threads mate.

This thread will be merged.
  6. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    That's well said but I was thinking of a way to lessen my burden. I was about to search for a popular brand then see whether it suits my taste or expectations or else move to the next popular brand

Sent from my Micromax A50 using Tapatalk 2
  7. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Sure paaji. But I thought this would be a compilation of different brands our guys have and that's why I didn't ask for the reasons why they went for that particular brand and if anyone wants to Know they can refer to that particular post. But that's my idea but no regrets if this is merged.

Sent from my Micromax A50 using Tapatalk 2
  8. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    O 22g ,saanu bi dwado Apollo alnac 4G.Don't tell me now that you are in India !!!!
  9. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    TFI'ian,

I have side cut on my punto rear left side and i applied patches on it. Yesterday, my car got punctured on the centre of the rear left and again i got it repaired.
    Now, my question is how safe is to drive with patch and puntured filled tyre as i have drive of 1800 Kms up and down in coming October last week.

Does it make sense to use the spare tyre(haven't used till date) fully in place of that patchy one. My car has done 30K KMs and does it have any driving discomfort with new spare tyre in place of patchy one and how safe is to do it.

Current stock tyre: JK TORNADO
    Spec : 165/70R 14
    Run till date : 30000 Kms
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: What tyres to buy??

Holy cow, please throw away that patched up rubber and get a new tyre for God's sake.

For a couple of grands do not risk the whole car and the lives within and around it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.