1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aashi007

aashi007

Nangal
    I already run my punto emotion pack on Yokohama 205/50 R16 now I want to change tyres to Bridgestone 195/55 R16. Is it right choice for my punto.
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I am looking forward to replace tires of My Linea.
    Requirements are

Low Noise>Handling>Long Life.

What options do i have?
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: What tyres to buy??

Your options would be
    Apollo Accelere
    Continental PC2
    Good Year GT3
    Michelin XM2

, given you priorities. I would choose CPC2 or Michelin XM2 as first choice, followed by Apollo Accelere and then GT3.

Comfort tyres are ruled out because you need handling.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I think when it comes to low noise, you have tires like Michelin Primacy or Yoko AVS550. Either of them should be fine. Bit on the expensive side, but the Linea deserves nice shoes.

The arguments might start pouring in regarding them being ultra soft, but Dattatray did Mumbai-Gurgaon in 21 hours flat in his Punto wearing AVS550. And according to him the road beyond Jaipur was rather bad.

0.02$ :)
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: What tyres to buy??

^ You lose the handling part with PLC. And that is why I suggested XM2 over PLC.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Akshay,
    I know you will end up with Yoko AVS DB. :D .
    Low noise.handling. This is perfect.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk 4
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

But the irony is that i am not able to find DB decibel anywhere in this part of the country,apart from Online portals.
    4 years ago,i was in the same situation and i was not able to locate C drives for my Accent,and had ended up with Michelin XM1+.
    Now i am getting a really good deal on Turanza ER60 at 4850 per tyre,so thinking of them as well.
    My Linea spends 95% of its times on the highway,so i am not really worried about bad roads.
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Why not look at yokohama c drive(if opting for 195/60/15) @ Rs. 4900 per tyre which sounds a very decent deal coupled with a free fuel coupon worth Rs. 500.
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Only if i can find them:(
  10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    check inbox
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.