1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Does Bridgestone still has Turanza series for R15? Last time when I enquired for my Punto, the dealer told me that Turanza series isn't available for R15 specs, its been replaced by MY series. Am using Turanza for my dad's Alto and am quite impressed. True VFM tyres. Even after 10k kms mileage, treads looks fresh.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  2. Its available. Dealers try to sell what they have stocked. I was looking for er60 but the technical rep of Bridgestone suggested to go for ar10.
  3. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
  4. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Michelin Primacy 3ST details. 195/65 R15 already available, please check if 195/60 R15 launched now or not. Linea owners don't worry for 16 inch.

M3ST.JPG
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    ^^Absolutely important point. ::T
  6. After changing my tyres on friday... i am observing some noise when i am rotating my steering wheel as if some parts are rubbing.... and i am also getting some noise from the front suspension.. are these linked to the tyre change
  7. gurjinder

Punjab
    Shouldn't be linked to tyre change, if you're using stock sized tyres.

These kind of sounds are usually associated with elastic pads.
  8. You are correct, my linea strut mounts have gone... only left one is in stock with Butta Automotives, hyderabad... awaiting right one as well.. expected by Tuesday?!! coincidentally, i got a call from fiat customer care .. one Mr.Nilesh spoke to me... apprised him the issue.. he said he will look into... keeping my fingers crossed..

Now the question is.... just because i have changed my tyres are the weak and damaged points are getting exposed or is it a mere coincidence..
    Before changing my tyres there was no issue (atleast i thought so..).. car was pulling fine.. steering wheel turning was fine.. recoiling of steering wheel after turning was fine... After replacing the tyres and alignment... the ride to home was fine (steering wheel position, pulling straight.. i personally checked, ensure and left the place..
    ).. next day after driving some kms... i noticed that the steering wheel position is out... i.e., only when i hold the steering wheel at some tilted position the car was going straight.. other wise its pulling to left... noises started when i move my steering wheel on either directions... The recoiling of steering wheel was not the same.. i have to bring it back to home position... Got my alignment checked once again at a different place.. they said my camber has a tilt of -1 degree (which was pointed out during my previous alignment at the tyre shop as well).. i should get it corrected at service centre.. took the vehicle to service centre today.. SA said that all these will get rectified once the new strut mounts are replaced (under warranty) and wheel alignment is done..
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  9. gurjinder

Punjab
    It can be a huge co-incidence as well. :)

New tyres generally make the life of suspension components easier, rather than expose weak links.
  10. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Totally agree with Gurjinder on above point.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.