1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ^^pm sent..sorry for the trouble..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  2. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey Arnab,

How are they when it comes to ride and quality??better than bridgestone 250??
    1 person likes this.
  3. Re: What tyres to buy??

Yes they are better than Bridgestone b250.over time the noise wont eveb bother you..

1 person likes this.
  4. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks...that's good to know...noise can be managed,I have rainbow now.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    Got a sidewall cut of about an inch on my 3K run Yoko A drive.
    somebody broke beer bottles on the road and I was so unlucky to run over them :( .
  6. Re: What tyres to buy??

How bad is the cut? ? Cant put a tube and use it as a stepney??

7. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    Cut is on the shoulder and the tyre got deflated immediately.
    Had taken it for a hotpatch today and am planning to use it as a stepney.
    Bought a new A-Drive and put it on rear side. The stepney was an old one and traded it off for the new piece.
    Had to shell out 4K just because of a beer bottle :(.
  8. govindankvs

govindankvs Novizio

US
    US
    Grande Punto 1.3
    While doing the tyre rotation yest(DIY) at 7.5k on my Punto MJD, saw a sidewall cut on the Rear Left tyre(stock Acelere), was a bit upset and surprised to see it with not much of driving on bad roads or at high speeds.

Got worried as I had an upcoming 1200km run next month on Kerala roads. Did not want to replace with Accelers again(due to road noice), so 1 tyre with a differnt make was not making sense to me.

Did some quick research and finalized on Yoko C Drive. Got a quote for 3k/tyre from Millivision in exchange for the stock. Since mine is a company leased vehicle the math turned out to be ~6.5k in pocket for 4 tyre replacement.

Visited Millivisions and physically inspected C drive and was a bit apprehended to see the sidewall build quality(I'm not a tyre expert, just by touch and feel:) ). Inspite of the fact that TFI memebers have given good reviews on C Drive, I had my personal doubts if the tyres can handle the beast's requirements :)

Checked the V550 which was kept just besides C drives and could see that the sidewalls were more rigid than the C drives. The sales person said V550 had reinforced sidewalls(didnt understand what it meant but it felt much better than C Drives) it was 200/- more said the dealer. Had seen good review about db avs V550 as well in many of the forums. Got Mar13 mfg for V550 so the final math looked like :
    (5200*4)-(2000*4)-(2080*3)+600 = 7160/- for 4tyre replacement.

Driving back home, I could clearly make out the difference in the road noice. Too early to comment on the performance of V550.

Personal Note about Millivision : If its alloys, be with the floor guys all the time as they made scratches on all 4 alloys :( Had to blast them but it was too late by then. The guy got blasting from his manager and he went into some depression mode. End of it I said sorry about the blasting, it was just againt the work he did and nothing personal. Gave 100/- each for the floor guys and the smiles were back on their face :)
  9. After doing a lot of search and discussing with many and also with technical person of bridgestone i have finally bought 4 nos of Turanza AR10 (195/60 R15) for my linea MJD... First impression... (1) its way much quieter than good year GT3.. (2) like a magnet it grips the road.. (3) good cushioning ...
    Too early to comment any thing further (let me finish the running in and then post need to check my tyre pressure).. though they were filled with 32 psi at the shop... today i shall check them once again.. as they did not apply any sealant while fixing my tryes..

P.S: While changing or rotating your TYRES..
    Pls ensure that the wheel nuts are first tightened manually till the end and then pneumatic torque wrenches are applied ..
    Service these guys generally put one or two threads and use the pneumatic wrenches.. Because we have very fine pitch in the wheel nuts when compared to others... so there are chances of threads overlapping which spoils the nut as well as the threading in the rim.
    1 person likes this.
  10. 195/60 R15 is available in Michelin XM2, cost Rs. 5650/- in hyd

- - - Merged Post - - -

I have bought Turanza AR10 -195/60 R15 88V ( upgraded version of ER60)... yesterday..
    Regarding Bridgestone MYO2- the side wall seems to be way thinner when compared to Michelin XM2, Bridgestone -RE88, ER60 and AR10 or Apollo accelere.
    MRF ZLO has the thickest side wall in comparision with all the tyres i have seen.. ZLO has a asymmetric pattern.. outer side wall is much thicker when compared to the inner side wall which is comparable to any other tyre. . but there are contradicting reviews on its performance..
    check
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/tyres-alloys/8298-what-tyres-buy.html
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.