1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Replacement for Stock Tyre in Linea

Hi Johnny
    I did consider, the difference is roughly around 3% increase in dia, and if at all it has any impact, it would be very minimal. Do not ave any issues of the tyre touching the body. Reg the odo error, it will show me 100kms for every 103 kms.
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    Re: Replacement for Stock Tyre in Linea

thanks but my car is vocal white. getting tjet alloys will be fantastic if i can find a sponsor :wink: . it makes terrible noise on rough road.
  3. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    Re: Replacement for Stock Tyre in Linea

no ansal i did not change the tyres i got them onto my linea for a few kms just to confirm the GT3 noise. i got them swapped at the SC for a small drive. and my car was silent with those tyres. i have logged a complaint with goodyear hope it gets resolved.
  4. nishweth

nishweth Amatore

kannur,kerala
    Hai i want to upsize my tyres and alloys of my linea emotion pack which has done 1650km. I am in a big dilemma in which tyre size to go. Fellow guys please throw some snaps of the rides with upsize shoes.
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Re: Tyre upsize for linea emotion pack

195/60 R15 is decent size for Linea MJD why do you want to upsize the tires
    1. Looks
    2. Handling
    3. Ground Clearance
    Upsizing will reduce both pickup and mileage.

If you have plans to do some modification to engine than 205/55 R16 would be good choice for Linea and Punto. If you have no plans to increase engine output look at good quality OEM size tires.
  6. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet

Instead of going for a complete replacement of Alloys and Tyres, try this: upsize your 195/60/R15 to 205/60/R15 or 205/65/R15(this is Maximum tyre up-size that your car cakn take without giving troubles.... anything beyond that and your car will have handling issues and your Odometer will go mad.
  7. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat

dont upsize the tyres. they are sufficient for the car. upsizing will increase an unnecessary load to the car. still if you want to do it make the height 65 instead of 60 as this will increase the riding comfort compromising a bit on handling. city comes with 175/65 r15 manza with 185. so 195 is more than sufficient for linea.
  8. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Replacement of stock TYRES for the PUNTO

can we fit 195/70 R15 tyres on punto e pack to increase the ground clearance ? i dont want to fit fatter tyres ( 205/ 60 R15) but taller tyres. if we can i have the following doubts.
    1) is the ground clearance increased
    2) is there any change in the drivability
    3) what will the speedo difference be if any
    4) will thy tyres scrape the wheel wells when fully loaded or in a pothole, or when the steering wheel is fully turned
    5) will there be a diference in fuel consumption
  9. Re: Replacement of stock TYRES for the PUNTO

Answers in Bold.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2011
  10. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Replacement of stock TYRES for the PUNTO

thanks probiker, you've cleared my doubts. i think i'll stick to my 195/60R 15 stock tyres
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.