1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: What tyres to buy??

@chandu try checking the air pressure at some other place.

Also, have you got the GC kit installed ?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  2. chandu

chandu

Navi Mumbai
    Ganges, the thud sound you referring to seems to be the rear wheel, here i am talking about the front suspension. When I hit the pothole, i feel as if the suspensions are fully compressed and it hits hard on the car and hence the 'Thud' sound.

Imranshks, no i have not installed the GC kit. Will check the pressure in another place and keep it at 30.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Please do it immediately. I am suspecting improper pressure on your tyres.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    im in-line with you bro,i too feel the same thing.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  5. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    I have crossed 40000 last week, so Tyre searching started. By Max 45000 I will change Tyre. Checking for Michelin PLC or other good Tyre. Heard that Michelin Primacy 3ST is going to launch with 195/60 R15 too and It is the mix char of PLC & HP. If you have any info please let us update here.
  6. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Since you mentioned "other good Tyre"...Bridgestone Turanza ER300 is very good, and stay away from Conti CPC2 just in case it is in your mind.
  7. Hi All,
    I am getting the delivery of my punto next week and immediately I am planning to change my tyres to 15inch plus alloy wheels.
    Could you please suggest me, my budget is 20 to 30K, and how much would I get for trading my new tyres any idea.
    Please guide me, as this is my first car.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Why did you not go for a higher variant with OE alloys? Finding good aftermarket 98 PCD alloys is a pain. You can of course get 100 PCD alloys, but that would be a compromise IMHO.

Try sourcing OE alloys from Kava or try getting at least 98/100 PCD alloys (you have to put up with 4 empty holes). As for tyres, there are mixed opinions between Michelin, Yokohama and Continental. You can also choose Apollo Acelere. Not sure how much you would get for your OE tyres.

Rajan
  9. Hi Rajan,
    I couldn't go for high end due to budget constraint,(in excess of 1.5 lakh) :(
    does upgrading to 15 inch would the warranty of the car. (sorry for asking a basic question)

Tried reaching KAVA couple of times, no one is answering.
    Do you have any specific contact of person from KAVA.
  10. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    @krishna you hav got a PM. Sent u the details

OT: btw also ask him if they hav sourced LED taillights for punto.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.