1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: What tyres to buy??

Man, Maybe the tyre is saying "enough, please bury me as I can't take it anymore "... Also, 3 years is a good amount of time to use a tyre (i feel so)

Yes, Sidewalls cuts can be fixed but it isn't really safe to drive the car with such tyres. Safety first, get rid of GT3 and go for new set of tyres !!!
    Cheers :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  2. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    I am using Yoko C drive, 195,60R15, good grip, handling and comfort. I think its little sensitive on the tyre pressure which affects handling/comfort in highway than GT3., but overall much better than GT3. And it has a strong sidewall.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3

^^ C drive has a strong sidewall? This is contrary to what I know about C drives.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore

Ive now become a good fan of Goodyear f1 eagle so would advocate that

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  5. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Yoko C Side walls looks solid but not like GT3s, I found Michelin is softer than Yoko. But comfort wise Michelin is best as I have it in my Swift.
  6. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

I am running on Yokohama C drives too, overall happy with the tyre.

I take utmost care while driving due to its soft sidewall. I met a fellow TFI-an whose running on Michelin PLC and the sidewalls of that tyre looked sturdier than Yokohama C drives :)

Nevertheless, a little bit of caution exercised while driving would keep your tyres and suspension, both healthy.

BTW, wet grip of Yokohama C drives is excellent, it just bites the wet road like a leech :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    slightly OT, is there any proper testing done by any brands specifically for indian conditions?
    If so then do they have published results?

All the tyres i've looked at are all reviewed by guys in the UK and most of them are users. To get the absolute best there should be some publishable results
    wondering if there is something like that anywhere.
  8. Michelin side walls are thicker than Yoko C drives but the road contact patch of yoko is harder than Michelin.Over all compound used in michelin is softer. Yes need to take care when driving on harsher surfaces.I have had few incidents involving slight damage to alloy by sharp stone protruding out of pavement but tire withstood the impact.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. surekumb599

surekumb599

Bangalore
    which tyre would be good for Linea?

I have Linea1.3MJD and it is time for chaning my tyres. Please let me know which brand and model would be good.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2013
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My-02 It is ;)

my_02.jpg
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.