1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Need some help friends. Own a 2009 Linea MJD (1290Kg, with 165mm GC). Looking for replacement of GT3 that has successfully done 62.5k kms! One of the tyres has completely worn out. So need to change them soon.

My priorities would be grip & ride quality, & less noise (when compared with GT3). Am looking forward to Bridgestone, and have shortlisted these three:

- My-02
    - Turanza ER60
    - Potenza G III

Which one should i go for? Any other suggestion apart form these? Btw, Have the stock 15'' Alloys.
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Re: What tyres to buy??

CPC2 tends to get harder once it crosses around 15000 kms and gets a bit noiser than when new. Have witnessed this in Laura which had done 16xxx kms on the CPC2.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Need some help friends. Own a 2009 Linea MJD (1290Kg, with 165mm GC). Looking for replacement of GT3 that has successfully done 62.5k kms! One of the tyres has completely worn out. So need to change them soon.

My priorities would be grip & ride quality, & less noise (when compared with GT3). Am looking forward to Bridgestone, and have shortlisted these three:

- My-02
    - Potenza G III

Which one should i go for? Any other suggestion apart form these? Btw, Have the stock 15'' Alloys.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

@avinash am using Yokohama C drives. Superb wet grip, good brakings, no noise and great comfort. My alloys are 15" too.

There are a lot of MY 02 users too, you can check the reviews of those :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  5. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    Go with the MY02's eyes closed
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

MY 02. Supreme comfort and ride quality. Bit less scoring on the handling and fun part. Minimal road noise too. Go for it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  7. chinmaycc

chinmaycc

Pune
    I have Linea MJD, have clocked 30K KM on it so far and the NCT5 has worn out reasonably. I am looking to change them, not sure which ones to go for. Can anyone suggest which ones would be good. Factory fitted tyre specs are 205/55/16
  8. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    avs_db_1.jpg Yokohama V550 AVS DB
    I like the most
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  9. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    IIRC zenk_888 is among the (very) few TJet owners in India who have had their cars remapped. As it is, TJet is so addictive to drive and after remap I'm sure he must actually be thinking that 32k is on the lower side!
  10. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Guys, my right front (GT3 OEM) suffered a puncture this week and went completely flat leading to sidewall cuts (3 of them). The car was parked at work in the rain for a good 12 hours and must have gone flat soon after I got in to work. I have plugged the sidewall holes and the primary puncture (broken metal strip). How long do I have till the repair undoes itself (thanks to the rains and poor roads here)? Tread depth is just about okay, but the sidewall worries me.

Incidentally this is puncture number 8 (1 three years ago, 3 two years ago and 4 now) on the same tyre in 4 years :eek:. I prefer driving on the right, so maybe it ends up with most of the damage...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.