1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chandu

chandu

Navi Mumbai
    Thank Ramjn, any suggestion on the upgrade? and do i need to buy 5 tyres, though i have the spare wheel intact?
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Shashank, I had Acelere in my Linea and drove for about 31k Kms with it. I did not have any complaints with it except that it is bit noisy but still better than GT3. But now, with the new set of Aceleres I have got, it is not at all noisy and is absolutely silent. I am not sure if this would continue even after 10 or 15k kms. I will report the status once I reach that milestone. :)

Also, FYI, Acelere is expensive than ZLO and priced on par with Yoko C drives.
  3. chandu

chandu

Navi Mumbai
    Also any thoughts on directional and asymmetrical tyres?
  4. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Chandu, you can safely upgrade to 185/70 R14. Also you can use your old rims. I have recently changed my tyres from Jk tornado to Yoko A drive 185/70. I bought 4 of them for 4050 per tyre and also got Bluetooth headset free. i have retined the old 5th tyre. Now Yoko is giving 1K ICICI cashcard with 4 tyres. though not very silent, they got very good grip.
    1 person likes this.
  5. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is it ? I got them for Rs 18800 /- for set of four. There was difference of Rs 500 comapared to C drives in december 2012. Dont know if prices are increased now.
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is what Lal in Chennai quoted. All are for 195/60 R15.

ZLO - Rs. 4500
    Acelere - Rs. 5000
    C Drive - Rs. 5100
  7. chandu

chandu

Navi Mumbai
    I went around the shops yesterday and got the following quotes:

Bridgestone MY02 - 4000- 4250
    Apollo Acelere - 3700 - 4200
    MRF Zlo - 3600 -3700

I have quoted the ranges as i have visited multiple shops.
    I am inclined towards Apollo and will finally decide after placing them all side by side
    I hope i make the right decision.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Can't go wrong with either Acelere or MY02. Toss a coin :)

You have solid user reviews of both tires - Ramjn (Acelere) & Italia-Linea + Amogh ( MY02)

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Agree with gurjinder. Look at both tires and decide which one you need. But, get rid of ZLO please. :)
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  10. chandu

chandu

Navi Mumbai
    What tyres to buy??

At last decision made and went for Bridgestone MY02 -185/70 R14. Initial feel, noise levels dropped, the car feels peppy, I feel the car is a little bumpy (currently psi set to 30, will increase and see), felt better grip. (Drove on thane belapur rd and its raining).
    Cost of the tyre 4000 each + nozzle 200 each and weights 300, over all 17100 was the bill.
    It included fitting, balancing, alignment and nitrogen filling.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374235176.801675.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.