Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.
Its Deja Vu again..
Have you changed your ZLO? What is the problem with your tyres. I have been using it for almost 10K Kms in different terrains and don't find any issue with tyres.
But I have compared it with GoodYear GT3.
Yes, Tyre noise is on higher side after 120 kms. But bearable for me.
^^ Yes Karthik. After seeing the defected piece, I was worried and just want to get some piece of mind. Went back to Acelere and now I am more happy with it than ZLO.
My Punto Active :redcar locked 36K on odo, now its time I need to change its tyres as the left tyre is completely worn out and recently the steering wheel:steering is also vibrating on low speeds. My requirements:
- good road grip on speeds of 120-150
- Roads I drive are mostly highways with decent roads
- I would need a silent tyres
- I have a tight budget of 20K (Max)
- was thinking of upgrading the size
- My existing spare wheel is intact
I was thinking of following option (No particular order):
- MRF Zlo
- Bridgestone MY2
- Apollo Acelere
Now guys, I would need your help in finalizing the tyre brand and the size I need to go with ... Please help, i want to get this done this weekend
If this is very important, then remove ZLO from your list.
I haven't driven with MY02 yet but heard good about it. My take would be Acelere. It is very underrated tyre but it deserves much reputation than what it gained.
Top notch,if once used to with this tires you will never think abt any other brand.(though i have Yoko AVS DB on rear )
How about nexen or kenda or nanking?
Those are all underrated tyres but have very good feedback.
Apollo Acelere if you are driving rural - broken roads. These tyres are awesome but heavy noisy though.
It is more silent than the ZLOs. May be new Aceleres are super silent. I have to see if it is the same case after 10 or 15k kms.
I have'nt compared with any tyres. But in general Accelere are noisy tyres. I am using them for past 18k Kms. Here are my observations.
1. Road grip on Cornering is just excellent.
2. Mileage is good. I did not find any difference with previous JK tornado's with 165 profile.
3. In Last 15k Kms, i drove through rough interior roads. This is best part of Accelere's. Not a single time it was punctured. Acceleres are too good
to handle bad patches.
As you said previous post...acceleres are underrated but these are one of the best and economical tyres available in market.
Separate names with a comma.