1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    Re: Replacement for Stock Tyre in Linea

my linea has run 11300 kms and the tires make unbearable noise at the speed of 40. initially i thought the bearings were the victim and went tot the sc. they heard the noise and they told me the tires are the victim which i could not digest. went home but was not satisfied at all. visited the sc the next day and told them to change my tires with the tjets 16 inchers which also had goodyear but with a different grip and name. they kept me waiting for an hour as none of the lifting post was empty. then the swap happened and the noise was gone when i drove my car with tjet tires. i have registered a complaint with goodyear and they will inspect my tires on 4th. my car completes a year on 22 march. any idea about on tire warranty? do you all face the same problem with GT3. there is a very distinct noise at 40 and at higher speeds the car makes a lot of noise, taking away all the pleasure. hope i find a solution.
    my car with tjet tires.

19-02-11_1138.jpg

19-02-11_1139.jpg

19-02-11_1137.jpg
  3. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4

Thank you for all your inputs.

It seems that i can't resist the ways of the heart... The heart said potenza.. And it was always there on top of my mind. A small telecon with sandeep (grandeur) today tilted my decision finally to bridgestone potenza.

Will post my review shortly.

Sitting with my trusted tyre-man at the tyre shop. Will be an hours job to dress my beauty with the new set of foot wear ;-)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

:wow Those T-JET alloys look so good on your Bossa Nova. How about getting a set of 5 alloys of T-JET? :wink:

Coming back to the query, do you drive on concrete roads. I have a patch of newly constructed concrete road (~1Km) on which I have to drive daily. GT3 makes a lot of noise on those roads. Road noise is higher even on normal tar roads (though not much and detected recently). I never noticed this as I was driving my M800 earlier that makes even more noise with its stock CEAT tyres.

Recently I drove a 2011 Punto MJD Active with aftermarket Champiro GTX 195/60 R15 tyres and the drive was awesome with very low noise, much better grip, feeling of increased steering feedback. I regret not opting for tyre change immediately after delivery now.
  5. Re: Replacement for Stock Tyre in Linea

GT3's make hell a lot of noise , otherwise they are very good tyres interms of grip and long life.

GT3's are loud on Tar roads, louder on Cement roads and are silent only when they are in the parking lot :wink:
  6. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Hey Karan. Hvae you changed the tyres to TJet Tyres. How much did they cost you ??
  7. Re: Replacement for Stock Tyre in Linea

You were sold onto Bridgestone Potenza from the beginning. Happy days ahead with your Linea's new shoes.
  8. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4

Out goes the gt3... In comes the potenza g3 :)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  9. Re: Replacement for Stock Tyre in Linea

I've gone in for the Michelin Primacy LC for my Linea MJD. Frankly speaking, I've never faced any issues with Michelin so far. Have used Michelin Certis and XM1 in out Palio 1.2 Sport, MXTE on the UNO 1.7, XM1+ in the Palio MJD and all of them rendered excellent service. The MXTE was on the harder side though!

So as soon the Linea was delivered, swapped the brand new GT3's for the Primacy LC. Went in for 195/65/R15 rather that 195/60/R15. The michelins costed Rs.5350 per tire and the dealer bought back the GT3's for Rs.3000 per tire. Got the job done at Tire Care in coimbatore.

From my experience, once you get used to the comfort of the Michelins, its tough to go back to the others. ::T
  10. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hi cvanandh,

195/65 tyres will result in a slightly larger radius of the tyre as compared to the 195/60s. It could affect your speedo reading etc. I am not sure whether it can impact on the handling of the car. I wonder whether you considered this factor.

Regards
    Johnny
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.