1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

205/55 R-16 Yokohama V550 decibel series. To be precise

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  2. johy

johy Amatore

Guys, T-Jet owner here. I see a lot of folks changing the Goodyear NCT5 of the T-Jets to Michelin Primacy LC. I understand these are comfort-oriented tires. Actually, I am surprised that people won't go for more grippy tires especially for the T-Jet (and compromise on noise - it is not a big issue).

Anyways, which is a good tire to change to from stock, priorities being

Grip, Grip and Grip
    Don't want too soft side walls.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

2 people like this.
  4. finally after so many discussions , went for KENDA radial tyres. As the budget was tight decided to try them. hope everything goes well. lets see. tyres costed Rs 3000 a piece. bought 2 tyres for rear.
    another tyres brand came 2 know was ACHILLES, never heard them before. they were around 3500 a piece. anyone using them??? any feedback:confused:
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

They are all chinese or taiwanese. Linglong, chengshing, wanli, champiro etc etc.

Kenda should be fine. I'm opting for Kenda KR23 in the Palio as well.

Did you opt for single belt or double belt Kenda?
  6. deba

deba Amatore

Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My bet will be MRF ZLO good pricing, thread life and good grip and braking performance. I have Yokohama ES100 on my Punto but have been using ZLO on my Indigo CS for more then 2 years now (about 20000km+). Not a single puncture to date, going strong and still good to go for more then 20000+km atleast.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Really? Did you miss my update on ZLO? - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/linea-1-3-mjd/5865-poetry-wheels-my-linea-mjd-35.html#post179028

My strong take - ZLO's are not for Fiats. I went for ZLO after reading lot of positives reviews in T-BHP but realized that none of the satisfied owners own Fiat. :)
    Acelere is much more sensible option than ZLO.
  8. DeLineated

DeLineated Timido

Why would that be ? Unlike fixed interface components, like electronic parts or precise dimensioned parts , tyres are generic components with defined compatible dimensions. It's not even like bulbs, where a bright bulb could still deliver poor performance because of a flawed reflector design. Any tyre of the correct size/profile should work well on any car , I don't see why a tyre would perform well on one car and poorly on another. Other variables like differences in suspension setup , alignment/balancing , or defect in the tyre ( which need not be visible to the eye ) could be at work here, don't you think ?

EDIT : just read your post linked, so your ZLO did have a defect after all.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: What tyres to buy??

@DeLineated: ramjn just meant that ZLOs are not the right choice for we enthusiastic Fiat drivers. They take away the fun of handling and cornering. :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    1 person likes this.
  10. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Re: What tyres to buy??

For that matter, any tyres with soft sidewalls aren't meant for drive enthusiasts.

I am running on Yokohama C drive and trust me, it scares the driver in you even in quick lane changing manoeuvre, forget about spirited drive/cornering at higher speeds. I have heard ZLo are also more or less the same.

At times I miss Goodyear GT3, though they had mixed reviews from many, I must admit they were grippy and confidence inspiring at high speeds. Same holds good for Apollo Acelers too I guess :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.