1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Arrogant is an under statement given their way of behavior with the customers.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    @GPFreak, I recently bought a Linea Emotion 1.3 MJD. It also had good year tyres. There is a friend of mine in Pune, Daniel Dandin. He is the manager at Anand Trading Corporation in Pune. It's one of the biggest (not in size) showrooms for tyres and has many contacts. He has been in the industry for more than 12 years now and knows in and out of tyres. He might as well arrange some tyres for you in Chennai itself, through his contacts. Not sure though. Check with him and ask for advice. He is my best friend. Tell him you got his reference from me (Pankaj). On the very first day of delivery of my Linea, he changed my tyres to Yokohama, default size as it came on the original ones. I completely trust him so had to take his word for it. He is also using the same tyres in his SX4 and he has been using it for more than a year now and is completely satisfied with the performance. If you are interested, send me a PM and I will share his contact details.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  3. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If its an Under statement, you should have asked me to stay out.:(

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, i have a very good experience with Michelin in my Alto. The side wall was flexing like hell when the tyre was new. But after some 5 k kms, the rubber hardened and its pakka now and the ride is also soft. How is the side wall Flex when cornering in your PLC ?

Yes Yokos were suggested for me too. But as far as ride quality goes, my gut feeling is that nothing can beat the offering from Michelin. Which model Yokos is your Linea wearing ?
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Rupee for rupee, Yokos are excellent VFM. Some Michelins are just way too overpriced. Do look at Yokos as well. I've had good experience with A drives.
  5. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: What tyres to buy??

I am running on Yokohama C drives and am completely happy with the performance.

Good Ride, no road noise, phenomenal wet grip but only drawback of soft sidewall tyre is, it wouldn't give you confidence on high speed cornering and quick lane changes seem a bit scary, unlike the Goodyear/Apollo.

All in all, Yokohama are VFM aka "Paisa Vasool" tyres :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  6. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    So how much would A drives and C drives cost in the Avatar of 195/60-R15 ?
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Don't know about A Drives. C Drive would cost close to 5k. To precise, Lal quoted Rs. 4850.

BTW, what tyre do you have currently? GT3/Acelere?
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  8. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Its the GT3. I am going to stay away from LAL. Let me check the price for A drives and C drives in Mogappair and revert. If its indeed much cheaper and fares close to Michelin, then i need to think which tyre to choose now.
  9. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    Re: What tyres to buy??

I used Michelin on my Palio earlier but the noise was too much... Yokos that I am currently using are decibal series..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  10. deba

deba Amatore

Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
    itanagar
    Grande Punto 1.3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.