1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    I am hearing it since ages. Waited waited and waited then finally gave up.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Re: What tyres to buy??

Today in tyre empire a personnel from michelin came for business metting(michs sales figure have gone down drastically they say) and stuff,so on enquiring he gave this news.He didnt give a date but indicated maybe 3rd or last quarter of 2013.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  3. Re: What tyres to buy??

Btw today during tyre alignment found out a nail has pierced the rear tyre and two at the front , have reduced the usage of the car after getting classic 500 dont know if this existed from before or happened recently.
    Till now the puncture count is 4 & 1 sidewall cut only.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  4. g.nagendra

g.nagendra Timido

Bangalore
    New shoes for my Grande Punto...

I hated the stock JK tires that came with the purchase 2 years ago. Ever since I have been telling myself to postpone until the time was right. After 37k kms, 4 punctures and unwarranted dips in PSI, I decided it’s now time.

It was an on-the-go decision. Happened to see a shop just after the Lalbagh Main gate signal (for the Bangalore denizens). A right indicator and 10 seconds later, was in it.

I had researched about the A Drives and this was predominantly a Yoko place. Alloys were a no-no (severe deficiency of Vitamin M thanks to my new HTC One – not complaining!). Plus I didn’t want a 14 inch alloy. Any upgrades could cause issues with the warranty (and I got an extended one). So, stuck to the stock rim size.

My options were: Yoko, Michelin, Bridgestone and Conti. He was against MRF – said they were not good (cut them ‘some’ slack)

Since I had read about the A drives, I was almost certain of going for it. Took a while to decide the profile though.

I like my tires to be wide, low and with a wicked tread. IMO A-drives didn’t quite fit the bill. But then, the performance aspect came into picture. I’d like it to last for at least another 40k kms and I know A drives were up to the task. So it was a head-over-heart decision and went with the A Drives.

Got myself a 185/65/R14. They are all 2013 manufactured. Cost me 4200 a piece, but I also got a 1000 bucks visa gift card for purchasing 4 tyres (never liked freebies – almost always turns out to be something I don’t want/already have. In this case however, the card gets me ~18 lts of diesel!). So works out to 3950/tyre.

The wheel balancing/alignment were done pretty quickly, they got about 4 of their guys working on my car. That cost me another 700 bucks, but thought it’s worth it since the steering is now rock steady.

Overall, very satisfied with the workman ship. He never reduced the price (I, in vain, also tried the walking out of the shop routine) but I think the service was good. They also offered a 1000 km free service if I had any complaints. If anyone is interested, it is Millivisions Marketing Pvt Ltd (weird name for a tyre shop, but hey, there you go)

My drive since then has been pretty quiet and comfy (it could be a mindset thing). But I have just driven abt 35 kms. Hopefully will know better in few days.

No pics at the min, will post soon. Any comments on the purchase from a price/profile perspective?
    1 person likes this.
  5. venka

venka BANNED

If i am not wrong Rajan, suggested this place. Even i am in the verge of changing tires as they have crossed 37k and three punctures . Even i thought of going for upgrade with linea rims and its wheel cap. By considering all the warranty issues I will settle down to the stock spec.

Reading all the threads related to tire discussion instead of putting straight away questions. Please review your new shoes as you crunch miles.

Will consider this shop as well when i change my punto shoes.

how much they offered for your old tires. ?? did you get a VISA gift card for buying 4 new tires or its your personal. ??
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Govind, the owner of Millivisions is a good friend. He is a no nonsense guy. Usually gives you the right price as he hates bargaining as much as we do. The staff are also quite good and know what they are doing. I have bought / people I referred have bought more that 10 sets of tyres from him and no one has been disappointed or complained yet.

Highly recommended.

Rajan
  7. has anyone using the KENDA tyres???? any feed back about performance, price etc...:rolleyes:
  8. venka

venka BANNED

I guess Chetan has used it . Search in the forum u will get to know about it. He changed recently it seems !!
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: What tyres to buy??

AVOID....is the best choice

Sent from my HTC butterfly using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  10. g.nagendra

g.nagendra Timido

Bangalore
    Absolutely nothing! I knew the tires were in a bad condition, but zilch is a bit of an insult to my driving! I'll try and sell it elsewhere or wait till the Big Bazaar exchange mela and get my mom some coupons... The visa card was for buying 4 tires, not personal (prepaid ICICI card - Its a Yoko thing and not constrained to this shop)

@PatchyBoy - The name on my visiting card reads Nagaraj, I didnt meet Govind. But I did hear him talking to people on the phone and he was confirming a few bulk orders.

But yes, I second you... the staff are good (I had only 500's and they didn't linger around for 'tips'). Do recommend this place after clocking few initial miles. No issues on the wheel alignment, steering doesn't veer off...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.