1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi

See your PM inbox, need to contact you asap. Matter is related to Gautam Nagar. PM me or call me, i also sent you message on FB. Do reply asap.
  2. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    patchyboy 1 size would not make any diff

next best size is 185/70-14 =-0.81% do you want to choose this......?
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The standard factory option 15" for Punto is - 195/60-15. Compared to 165/80-14 the difference is -0.7%.

Rather than all these theoretical arguments, plenty of TFIans are using 185/70-14 and happy with it.

Cheers.
    3 people like this.
  4. deba

deba Amatore

Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
    itanagar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How about 195/70R14 then?? I think MRF ZLO have tyres in that size.
  5. deba

deba Amatore

Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
    itanagar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    IMG_20130509_053440.jpg

The roads which i drive on say 20% of times are not your ideal city or highways. I have to encounter big potholes, steep climbs and descents on hills, unpaved muddy slushy roads to name a few. So i need a tyre which gives me good grip, good braking and retain the same GC (2012 model). So i thought bigger tyres is the way to go. In these roads many times a simple mistake like say a wrong tyre can be the difference between an accident and avoiding it. This was a short stretch of village road under construction, but i guess the picture makes my point.
    Last edited: May 25, 2013
  6. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    Changed my B250 - 175/70 R14 s to Yoko A drive 185/70 R14 last Saturday.
    So far covered 200 Kms with that in City.
    Some observations.

Sidewalls are not as soft as Michellins I think.
    Cornering is good and confidence inspiring and vehicle feels well planted on to the road.
    Steering remains beefy as it used to be with old worn out B250s, no change. I was expecting the steering to be on the lighter side provided the run in period of the new set.
    Ride has become more silent.
    Wet grip is also good, luckily its raining in Bangalore to test wet grip.
    Freshly laid tarmac almost disappeared in many places post rains and New tyres absorb the impact well.
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    How much costlier the Pirelli's are? Could you please let us know. As I found in change my tyre dot come which are too much expensive :)
  8. ashish27

ashish27 Novizio

Chandigarh
    for Linea with --- 195 60R15 Try Bridgestone AR10 imported tyres grt one!!! I got White beauty - Linea Tjet on it. No noise yet great grip on hills/plains/emergency braking
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    has anyone tried the new appolo series. I think its called the A series or AC series.
    Appollo is betting big on it and also the reviews I've read seem to tell a good tale .
  10. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    theblack, Apollo recently launched 4G in Nederlands and below options are for India.

ApolloAlnac 4G : Available in 15” and 16” sizes
    Amazer 4G : Available in 12” – 14” sizes

They claim its tested and proved in Spain and Germany, but how far those can handle Indian roads are unknown.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.