1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VirgoGuy

Hi I have completed 45K kms on my TJet with stock tyres. Now I looking for tyre replacement, have shortlisted following tyres
    Michelin PLC
    Michelin XM2
    Yokohama C drive
    Bridgestone Turanza

Stock tyres though good were noisy, now need silent tyres. I am inclined towards PLC, just wanted to know where I can buy them in Pune.
  2. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Try Yokohama C i have replaced all 4 on my punto and they are performing well..
    1 person likes this.
  3. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Linea 1.3
    Going the TJet way with Alloys and Tyre upgrade - 205/55 R16 :)

But ZLO ruled out :cry:

Now with two options
    1. MY-02
    2. Yoko AVS
  4. ananth

My Linea runs on Michelin Primacy LC : 195-65R15. I really recommend them. They are silent w/t excellent grip & no punctures till date (18k).

5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Today i checked my tyres for stones. I could hardly find 4-5 stones here and there. So i can say they dont attract stones as such. My GT3 also used to have same amount of stones.

I tried driving with 35PSI today and the flexing problem vanishes totally. But the comfort reduces a bit. I am better off filling 33 PSI and enjoy the comfort and good suspensions.
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Any TFi'an is using pirelli tyres?
    If yes then please share some experience about the tyres & there performance....
  7. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

So eevryone knows I was looking for New Shoes for the last few months and had zeroed in on YOKO AVS.

But In the final two weeks , had test driven YOKO, Primacy and Pirelli P7.

And I did not find any difference between any of these three tyres . May be +- 5% here or there but all three had similar characterstics in terms of Grip, Noise, Roll etc.

I have waited to write the review so that I could give a good piece. The new Tyres are now 1000 kms old and the Final one I choose was Pirelly P7 Cinturato.

I have already mentioned the characterstics of the tyres and when compared with the pricing as well, they were easily 2k cheaper than the rest. Cost was not the only factor but I did not find any difference between Specially Michellin and Pirelli.

So finally went ahead with Pirelli P7 Cinturato and I would recommend the same to any JET owners.

The ride is absolutely smooth and noise less and sometimes it feels like I am sitting in my Sofa in my lounge. The ride is so so comforrtable. Noise is so less that even if the ICE is running at as low as 2-3 volume, you cant hear anything.

I have also tried increasing the Tyre pressure just to check but even at Higher PSI, the tyres are butter smooth and I just love the way they are handling.

I know eveyone will ask regarding the sidewalls. I can surely say, they are not week.

I will surely recommend it to anyone who is looking to have new tyres.
    4 people like this.
  8. deba

deba Amatore

Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Friends i am planning to put Bridgestone Turanza ER60 195/60 R14 or MRF ZLO 195/65 R14 for my Punto Dynamic 2012 only in the rear for now till the treads of the stock JK 165/80 R14 run out (front). I'll put the two stock JKs of my Punto on my Indigo CS. I have a few queries.

1. Will the Turanza/MRF fit on the stock rim?
    2. Is it advisable to use two different section/profile tyres for front and rear?
    3. How much of ground clearance will i lose or gain?
    4. What effect will it have on the driving dynamics and the car as a whole and also on the tyres if i use the stock tyre in the front and the Turanza/MRF in the back?
    5. Lastly which one should i go for? (i'll save around Rs2500 if i buy the MRF)

Thanks friends and your reply and views will be highly appreciated.
    Last edited: May 17, 2013
  9. deba

deba Amatore

Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey guys no one to help me out here ??? Or is there something wrong or a mistake on my part regarding my query ??? I have gone through most of the threads regarding this topic but couldnt find a suitable answer so i posted this thread.
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

1. It should fit.

2. No. In fact you are mixing comfort tyres (ZLO) with stock JKs.

3. Google tyre calculator and you can find these details, by calculating the change in profile.

4. Refer point 2

5. ZLO is a good choice. Very comfortable.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.