1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Has anyone in this forum switched over to Micheline tyres.. Especially for the EPk owners...
    The reason why i was asking is i'd checked one today at a shop next to my work place and was amazed by it...

costing around
    5500INR per piece for 205/60/R15
    5000INR per piece for 195/60/R15

I liked the 205/60/R15 which suites our car perfectly and looks stunning and after all its a Micheline..

The guy even evaluated my stock tyres and was ready to pay 1000bucks for each tyre which i felt was too low inspite of running abt 11k kms...

I read somewhere in PUG of someone replacing their stocks to Micheline... If thats the case please post in your reviews on the same as ive starting thinking of replacing the Stock tyres to a Micheline as i'm tired of the Good Year GT3 noise :A
    1 person likes this.
  2. Re: Replacement of stock TYRES for the PUNTO

Andy, I don't have the the first hand experience with Micheline tyres in India. But over the internet the reviews for Micheline Tyres is not very good (not very long lasting). Micheline tyres typically have very soft rubber compound so they can not take a lot of abuse from the potholed roads of India. The XM1 is surely the most silent tyre, but I would rather suggest you to look for a Bridgestone Turenza/Potenza or the Continental CPC2.

Anyone who has used a XM1 in India can give a better feedback as to how these tyres are specially during the pothole ridden Monsoon roads of Mumbai
  3. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Re: Replacement of stock TYRES for the PUNTO

Look out for Potenza G3 195 60 R15. 205 may look good but will affect your FE.
  4. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Andy, avoid the 205. FE will be reduced, and the warranty will be questioned..

195, is quite adequate for the punto. Just go for a better tread design (functioning better) on a 195 profile.
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hmm.... Mi thinking too... Trust me Ashay/Grandeur the car looks stunning with 05 tyres man... No doubt as u stated it would kill the FE but its a killer when it comes to looks and am sure road manners would also be a different story with the 205.. Lets c am still awaiting a gd price for my old ones without which i wont go for the new tyres for sure.

Thanks guys for your quick response.
  6. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

My vote and suggestion wud be for 195. :)
  7. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

hmmmm.. So would i go with 195.. But there is time for it as i'm not getting a gd price for the old tyres..
  8. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3

You will NEVER get a good price for your used GT3.

And yes : go with Bridgestone or Continental CPC2
  9. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Amogh no doubt Bridgestone is good but after checking out Micheline u dont feel like going for any other brand.. its looks stunning man and ive heard great reviews of it...
  10. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3

Problem with Michelin is that it wears out quickly (since they use a soft rubber compound).

I had michelin's on my Skoda and we had to change them after 18k. Besides, I did not have a very good experience with their customer support / after sales service.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.