1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - All Models

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by moksh, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Sahyadri ranges.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Alok Sabade, I have replaced my tyres recently, check the link to see if any research info is useful for you. http://www.teamfiat.com/posts/841961206/
    Alok Sabade likes this.
  2. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is anyone here working in michelin. I am looking to replace tyres, would be grate if anyone can help with friends and family discount.
  3. Alok Sabade

Alok Sabade Timido

Pune
    Linea 1.3
  4. yatheen

yatheen Timido

Hyderabad
    Bangalore
    Avventura Abarth
    225s looka great on 16"
  5. San Jose

San Jose Timido

Trivandrum
    Linea Classic
    Can I use 195/60 R15 in my linea classic after changing the wheel rim to 15
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Absolutely. I suppose FIAT itself offers this upgrade at a cost.
  7. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    My TJet has done around 37 K with the stock tyres. Today one of my front tyres got a puncture (almost flat with a nail) and I drove it for some distance with out realizing that - In effect that tyre is gone and now I am forced to change all 4 tyres (as it is better since they have done 37K) in short notice.

I am looking for a cheap and best option, as I might relocate out of country in a couple of months and I will have to part with the car very soon. I did some research today and the price for 205 55 R16 tyres are north of 7.5 K (and up) for better brands like Michellin, Bridgestone, Yokohoma etc. And one of the dealer suggested me to change to 195 55 R16 tyres so will get a better price (around 5 to 5.5 K).

What is your suggestion on this ? Is it OK to downgrade to 195 ? Will than impact the ride quality ?

And what would a better option for me in this scenario ? Anybody knows about some tyre dealers in Chennai (OMR, Adyar, Velachery areas) who can give a better deal and good service ?

All you suggestions are welcome and looking forward to hear from all of you :), pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help :p
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    No it is suggested not to downgrade the tyre size.

I would suggest you to look out for Apollo Alnac or Acceleres if they are available in the size. Will pinch your pocket less as you intend to sell off the car soon.

If the sale is sooner is enough, why not change just one tyre instead of the set if you are sure the tyre would go for another 5k+ odd kms.
  9. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks ghodlur.

I got a good deal with Yokohama Earth 1 - 205/55 R16. So dropped the idea of down sizing, even that was not so appealing to me.

Changed the tires last week, in total it came to 27,200 for all 4. It feels like Yokohama is making very less noise compared to the stock tires (Apollo Accelere). The ride feels much more smooth.

If I am keeping the car, probably will change to something better after one year.
  10. limraj

limraj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for the info that, Earth1 is now available in 205/55/16. I had Yoko A drives in the same size for 28K and they lasted 43K kms for me. It had enough side wall strength to help me through the bad roads I have to take.
    So, Earth1 is an option when my Mich PS3 is due for replacement.