1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - All Models

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by moksh, Jan 10, 2016.

1. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome to the forum @Sagar_Puntoevo. 185/70 R14 is definitely a better profile than 165. Please let us know the number of KM the stock tires have run just to evaluate if you would get a decent exchange value. Also kindly let us know your budget for the swap.

Cheers.
    Pradeep.
  2. Sagar_Puntoevo

Sagar_Puntoevo Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi Pradeep,

My stock tyres have run 26000 kms. and only one tyre has been worn out and other 3 tyres are still good and i think they can run another 10000 kms. i have no idea on tyres value for budgeting i need help on this too.

thanks
    Sagar
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2016
  3. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Sagar_Puntoevo You may go for falken sincera which cost 3200 per peice , it comes with 5 years unconditional warranty .
    PradeepM likes this.
  4. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hi all,
    I want to know comparison between XM2 vs Yokohama S Drive. Vs Potenza RE 88
  5. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    I had S drives on the previous car. The tyres are good and comparatively harder to Mi
    I had S drives on the previous car. The tyres are good and comparatively harder to Michelin. I never felt any issues with the ride or handling.
    I very frequently drive my cousin's Honda City at home which runs on XM2 and I personally did not find any issues with them too. I do not have any experience with Potenza.

@jayadev.m4u, please provide your feedback on Potenza.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  6. jayadev.m4u

jayadev.m4u Amatore

Vijayawada
    Hi,

I've used the RE88 as my first set after buying a pre-owned Linea. The tyres sustained a good 55k kms surviving uneven wear in the first 10k kms due to underbody issues.

The tyres are of harder compound and has stiffer side walls. The feedback and braking were precise allowing high speed maneuvers with confidence. I have to get into work sites without roads, sharp stones and metal pieces.

It had 3-4 puntures and one side wall cut caused by driver foolishly going over a big stone which also damaged the lower arm.

One more incident was I failed to notice the air loss in one of the rear tires early in the morning and drove a stretch of 60kms and noticed after reached home. The tire got flat & completely worn out but didn't cause a tire burst.

I'm using the B290s now and could feel the difference from RE88.

My experience is limited with Bridgestone. Hope it helps.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
    PradeepM likes this.
  7. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    How are XM2 during hard cornering at good speeds.?

I read, initially Punto Evo use to come with OE Alnac 4 G, Can
    respective owners post reviews.?
  8. yatheen

yatheen Timido

Hyderabad
    Upgrade to 225/50r16 Fiat avventura Powered by Abarth

image.jpeg
    pabhishek, Anup and PradeepM like this.
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Can you please elaborate?
  10. Alok Sabade

Alok Sabade Timido

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    I have recently bought a pre-owned Linea Emotion Pk(2012 Sept mfg) with 205/55R16 tires. The OP suggests recommended upsize being 225/45R17.

My question is: Will this require rim upgrade too?

I mostly drive on free lonesome roads with sharp turns. Please advice if this upsize would be *unjustified* for my use?