1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre upgrade 195/60 to 195/65for better GC for Linea

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by cgujral, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Using 195 65R15 for the last 55k km on my Punto. On full load when I drive over a hump the rear wheel touches the plastic inner lining where it is projected a bit. But my car is just half loaded for 90% of the time, so no issues for me. And yes it helps with the GC a lot!
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  2. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    185/65-15 this is perfect size , i can understand that you need to decrease the width but cant help.The closest size according to calc is 185/65-15
  3. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Guys..for all the inputs...Sorry been taking this up after some gap as in between been travelling, getting my car serviced and following up for something or other with TULI FIAT...god its getting horrible with just 02 service centres in Delhi now for FIAT and that too in two extreme corners...Anyway, now back to the topic - @ Rohit yes 205 is also an option but the GC increase of 6mm not sure...with 195/65 we get 9.75mm, still considerable... Secondly, I have to go for tyre change as 4 of my stock GT3 are almost gone...so to spend changing the tyres and GC kit is asking a bit too much right now...and as I have gone through various forums in team bhp as well, the GC kit upgrade on LINEA not everyone is happy...handling at high speed and comfortability is compromised....( Plz correct me if I am wrong) and with current service scenario of FIAT in Delhi, I am not sure...
  4. I have upgraded to 195/65 R15 yokohama A drives , form my linea emotion MJD. Have driven around 3000 kms after the change, with full load too (5 people and luggage). It never touched the wheel well surface. No speed braker scrapping. Road noise with A drives are near zero and ride quality has become softer may be due to increased profile. I strongly recommend A drives and increasing the profile to get away from this speed braker scrapping issue with Lineas.
    1 person likes this.