1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre upgrade 195/60 to 195/65for better GC for Linea

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by cgujral, Aug 4, 2013.

1. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Friends, I have Linea Emotion pack 1.3 MJD 2010 August Model. Till now have done 35K and tyres are now asking replacement, its GT3 195/60 R15 stock tyres. I atleast need to change 2 tyres with Spare tyre still unused. Now my question is " Is it ok to upgrade from 195/60 R15 to 195/65 R15? without going for GC upgrade kit" I have checked various previous reviews where people have upgraded tyres but they have also gone for the GC upgrade kit as well. I don't want to go for the GC upgrade kit as I have read in many reviews that surely it makes the suspension stiff and slight handling is compromised on high speed. Secondly will upgrading the tyre from 195/60 to 195/65 effects the GC and does it touches the body as then only I would change all tyres otherwise would simply change the two really worn out tyres. I really would appreciate and be thankful if someone who has upgraded like this share their experience. Thanks!!
  2. cgural, i have seen threads where members have upgraded to 195/65/R15 and running without problem.
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  3. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

The change will too less,and the tyre may foul with the wheel well under full load or at full steering lock.
    Check it before you take the plunge.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have done with the upgrade.No problem till now even though under full load.No problem with the steering lock.This is on PUNTO.You need to analyse on Linea.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  5. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Got 195/65/15 for my friends punto this weekend, and seems like a nice upgrade. With this tyre there will be just 10 mm increase in gc.

Sent from my XOLO A700 using Tapatalk 2
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    195/65 R15 from what size? 10 mm increase in GC sounds like an awful lot.

Rajan
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sujit.
    FIAT should have upgraded the tire profile rather the implementing the GC upgrade.
    After my tire profile upgrade i have driven more then 30k km never scrapped;previously it was headache on speed breakers.Especially in KA.
    9mm really matters.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. rohit tunga

rohit tunga Amatore

Bangalore
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    well in the view of GC upgrades why are you not considering the actual GC kit given by FIAT?
    Think about it, if each tyre costs 5K, you will spend 20K on tyres and you need to keep replacing them every 30-40K depending on the tyre and your driving style.
    In case of the GC kit you will firstly get a better choice and if your still not satisfied you can always choose a profile of tyre that will help you achieve more GC
  10. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Actually the way I look at the Bigger Profile is the 195/65 costs just 500 more than regular 195/65 .. So in effect for mere 2000 more you have a 9.75 mm GC increase for 30-40k kms :)