1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Selection

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by chethansgangoor, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinz

vinz

IXE
  2. Finally went for Yoko C drives, i dont know whether the tyre shop guys have inflated the tyres with proper PSI, i found it a little harder over bumps. Other than that grip levels are just amazing compared to stock tyres and also the noise is very less.
  3. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Was checking the price for new tyres for my Linea and here are the details:

Tyre for: Linea Emotion Pack MJD
    Size: 195/65/R15
    Brand: Michelin Primary LC
    Dealer: Sri Padmavathi Tyres & Services, Chennai
    Cost for each tyre: Rs. 5650
    Dealer: Singhvi Tyres, Chennai
    Cost for each tyre: Rs. 5700
    Dealer: VS Enterprises, Chennai
    Cost for each tyre: Rs. 5650

Tyre for: Linea Emotion Pack MJD
    Size: 195/65/R15
    Brand: Bridgestone Turanza ER300
    Dealer: Sri Padmavathi Tyres & Services, Chennai
    Cost for each tyre: Rs. 5100
    Dealer: Singhvi Tyres, Chennai
    Cost for each tyre: Rs. 5100

By Back as specified by the three dealers:

Stock Tyre Brand: Good Year GT3
    Size: 195/60/R15
    Kms Done: 6500
    Dealer Name:Sri Padmavathi Tyres & Services, Chennai
    By Back Cost for each tyre: Rs. 700-1000
    Dealer Name: Singhvi Tyres, Chennai
    By Back Cost for each tyre: Rs. 1700
    Dealer Name: VS Enterprises, Chennai
    By Back Cost for each tyre: Rs. 1000

Waiting to meet the dealers over the weekend in person before deciding on the tyre upsize. In any case I am planning for Bridgestone due my good experience with them with my Santro and life.
  4. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bridgestone are the best tyres in my opinion. Medium compound with good life. Precisely what users like us need.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Actually amogh, its opposite. Bridgestone is one of the worst tyres in market.
    For comfort - Michelin and overall Yoko are better tyres.
    Even Apollo Accerelere is decent tyre compared to BS.
  6. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow !! That is some news. None of the tyre shops here in Pune recommended me Michelin. Everybody asked me to go for Bridgestone !!
    And I wasn't surprised because I had Michelin's on the Octavia. With a lot of expressway runs, the tyres had to be replaced in 8k kms. Shifted to Bridgestone and the tyres lasted for a good 27k kms.

Damn !! Some confusion out there. I think I am going to go for different brand on each wheel. Michelin and Yoko in the front. Bridgestone and Apollo at the rear. :lol
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Hey amogh you missed out the spare wheel ..You still can opt for one more brand :mrgreen: ..LOL ..ok let's be serious ...Michelin gives a comfortable ride, but many are under the opinion that the life is less which I feel is true. Even my personal preference was Bridgestone which I had used earlier and it did last long. But heard that BS is not having that quality which they had earlier. I think Yokohama would be a wise choice (Got this advise from experts..) and it gives good road grip and better life too.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Though Bridgestone makes noise , it last long. This I have heard from allmost all tyre shops that I went. I prefere to use the current one (bridgstone) and prefer to shift to yokohama or mechline next time. I want to really feel the difference myself.
  9. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.