1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Selection

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by chethansgangoor, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guys i am getting varying prices for tyres from dealer to dealer. Just want to check with you before going ahead.

Tyre for: Punto
    Size: 195/60/R15
    Brand: Michelin Primary LC
    Cost for each tyre: 5650 Rupees

Can you please let me know the price payed for the brand of tyres you have.

Note that it should be 195/60/R15 and details are formatted as given below.
    Kindly also include buy back price for each of your old tyre.
    FORMAT:

Tyre for:
    Brand:
    Cost for each tyre:
    Buy back for each tyre [---kms done,stock Brand]:
    Purchase from [Dealer name, phone]:

Mods: If there is an already a thread that gives this complete information, please merge this one to it.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Tyre for: Punto MJD Emotion
    Brand: Yokohama C-Drive
    Cost for each tyre: 4300
    Buy back for each tyre - 1200 [15000 kms done,stock Brand]:
    Purchase from [Dealer name, phone]: Tyre Professional, Bangalore
  3. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    sorry for being off topic. i came across a chinese tyre company tri-ace which sold 195/65r15 for 2600rs each. how good (or bad) are these. as no one is buying my stock tyres i do not want to spend 5k for a new tyre and no getting anything for the old ones. i simply cannot bare the tyre noise of the stock goodyear. pls help.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    You might have to bear a lot more with these Chinese tyres.:p

Only the Kenda ( Chinese or Taiwanese) brand of tyres seem a somewhat better alternative to the leading tyre manufacturers. But i will stay 2km away from them too.

Gurjinder.
  5. Ravi,

How good is yokohoma C drive, any pros and cons of this tyre?
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The difference I felt (compared to OE Bridgestone), Yoko C Drive is very comfortable, and minimal noise.
    I heard braking is good, but with my limited experience I can't confirm that.
  7. Of late, I've read many positive and reassuring reviews on Maxxis Victra MA-Z. This tire puts many reputed tires to shame. For the record, Maxxis is a Taiwanese tire manufacturing firm.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Maxxis have multi-nation presence and are considered good.

meant i wasnt sure of Kenda's origins, whether its Chinese or Taiwanese.
  9. Rizzou

Rizzou

Hyderabad
    Hey chethansgangoor,

The 195/60/R15 rubber is good in Michelin Primary LC, Yoko DB, & Yoko C Drive... i have been using Good Year GT3 stock are not recommended hard tyres grippy but noisey and hard on bumpy roads, Michelin are known for their softness & but are short in life, Yokos are pretty much good in grip softness and life. If you want to stick to 195/60/R15 rubber i would suggest to opt for Yoko DB VFM.
  10. Thanks Rizzou, i tried searching Yoko site, displays a error. Do you have a link to see the Yoko DB? and how much is the price?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.