1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Rotation

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Folks,

Since mine is Emotion pack, I have four tires with alloy and one steel rim, what is optimal wayto rotate them, i was used to rotating 5 tires in the past in my old cars but here due to rim type, I don't like to put the spare wheel into rotation.

Would like to know what are you folks are doing?

Also would be a helpful if some one shares the things like alignment data on what are limits and when one should be alerting ASS to look at the issue?

More specifically Camber,caster,Toe and SA numbers.

Where are the good places in each city for getting proper alignment?
    One i can list is Madu's in Kanakapura road bangalore .
    -Sat
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2011
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Fiat manual recommends "Front-to-Rear" rotation method, but its more to do with the patterns of the tyre.

Tyre.jpg

I think you meant Tyre Professional.
    I bought my tyre from them and somehow I was not satisfied with the alignment/balacing they did.
    I got it re-done at Concorde and I am pretty happy with their settings.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Just the four tyres rotated always on all cars. Spare tire resting where it should.:p I don't feel comfortable using un-evenly run tires. But that's me.

Our 2005 Palio's spare tire is still brand new, although not much use now after 6 years i think .

Gurjinder.
  4. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    If the wear and tear of the tyres is even then usually they are rotated in a circle , where as if there is an uneven wear then they are rotated in an X manner....and I agree with Gurjinder, my spare tyre is where it should be.... in the boot.
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  5. No i did not mean Tyre professional ,about little distance after konankunte there is new Madhu's, alignment center. they have facility to do alignment to even Volvo's!!
    -Sat
  6. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
  7. Thanks Johnny,

I was looking at numbers for caster ,camber and toe as different alignment machines shows different band of limits.
    When we see what numbers we should approach the TASS?
  8. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My recommendation is to get it done at TASS. They should have the details of tolerance limits.
    Regards
    Johnny