1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Rotation, Wheel Balancing and Alignment

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by PatchyBoy, Feb 12, 2013.

1. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Fiat manual for Punto as well as Linea on page 152 says - "to allow even wear between the front and rear tyres it is advisable to change them over every 15 thousand kilometres, keeping them on the same side of the car so as not to reverse the direction of rotation." Therefore the pattern you have shown is not recommended by Fiat. Fiat recommends what is known as straight pattern - meaning on the same side swap the front tyres to back and back to front. In our road conditions 15 thousand recommended from Fiat may be little too much. I do every 5000 kms.
  2. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Hello All, I have completed around 5400 kms on my TJet facelift model in 6 months. I feel the need to go for wheel balancing and probably alignment as car is going towards the left side slightly.
    Looking for help on three queries:
    1. I read somewhere on this forum that there are different settings to be adhered to for facelift model than the pre-facelift model. It would be great if some owners of facelift model can clarify.
    2. Would appreciate if someone can recommend a good workshop in Noida where I can get this done.
    3. Is there a need to rotate tyres?

Thanks in advance!
  3. manishgarg921

manishgarg921 Amatore

Ghaziabad
    Hi Saket

Irrespective whats in the owners manual, my personal experience says get wheel alignment & balancing done every 5k kms.
    Reason being, it enables proper wear and tear of tires.

I visit a MRF T&F outlet, the only ones i've come across as genuine wheel alignment stores.
    Not only do they pre-inspect the car before lifting it onto the lift for wheel alignment, but they dont accept vehicles with any suspension issues.
    Rather in my cars, ive discovered suspension issues only when i took it to the store for alignment.(the issue was pointed out by MRF ppl)
    (mods plz note im not promoting MRF here, I am simply giving the readers an unbiased and genuine experience)

Apparently it costs total Rs 650-700 since I have alloys as well in my Linea, which i feel is worth than spending on a new tire Rs 4000-5000.
    Also wheel balancing will rule out steering wobbling as well.

To answer your question,
    Yes there is a need to timely rotate the tires.
    I also happened to meet a Sales Exec from Good Year, he also said that its advisable to align and balance the wheels.
  4. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks @manishgarg921 for your advice and attention to my query. I will get this done over the weekend.
  5. vipin.rai

vipin.rai Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Can anyone advice me the best shop for wheel balancing/alignment in Delhi(preferably near to Dwarka) other than fiat workshop.
  6. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @vipin.rai, a thread on team-bhp mentions Manish tyres in Dwarka is good. I haven't been there though, so neutral towards it.
  7. vipin.rai

vipin.rai Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Saket, is it in sector 20? Because when I google it, it shows one of the manish tyres in sector 20 dwarka in justdial but no map.
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @vipin.rai, no idea buddy. I was reading few things on team-bhp where I saw a mention of Manish tyres. As I said in my earlier post, I haven't been there.
  9. Jithu

Jithu Timido

Wayanad
    Wayanad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi All,

Anybody visited Madhu Enterprises, langford road Bangalore, for wheel alignment and wheel balancing? Have you tried Road force Touch wheel balancing. Can we solve our punto's left pulling issue by doing RFT wheel balancing?
  10. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Jithu,

Kindly check nkrishnap's ownership thread, he is a regular at Madhu's and he has given very positive feedback about them.